Hosted by Mark Fancourt-Smith and Alix Stoicheff, LawsonInsight is a look inside the legal mind. Each episode shares lawyers' insights on the latest Western and Northern Canadian legal news to help you make the right decisions that affect your business.
If you would like us to cover a particular topic, please email your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't have time at the moment?
Our podcast is currently available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts and iHeartRadio. Please subscribe using our RSS feed link here or on the available platforms below.
Episode #2 | Considerations of Social Media Defamation
On Episode 2: Considerations of Social Media Defamation – Mark Fancourt-Smith and Alix Stoicheff speak to litigation lawyers, Marko Vesely and Ricki-Lee Gerbrandt, about defamation—what it is, how it has traditionally been handled, and what companies should consider when faced with online defamation.
On Episode 1: Tackling Top Employment Issues in 2020 – Mark Fancourt-Smith and Alix Stoicheff speak to Labour, Employment and Human Rights lawyers, Rob Sider and Cory Sully about some of the top employment issues they have been advising on since the start of the pandemic and what employers should consider moving forward.
All of our webinars are available on-demand so you are able to watch them when it's convenient for you. Please note you would need to register to access the webinar.
September 23, 2020
May 28, 2020
- Understanding the Importance of Intellectual Property - with Paul Matthews
- Intellectual Property Ownership and Enforcement, Part 1 - with Paul Matthews
- Intellectual Property Ownership and Enforcement, Part 2 - with Paul Matthews
- COVID-19 OH&S and Preparing For a Safe Return to Work - with Michelle Jones
- COVID-19 A Look at BC Employment Law During a Global Pandemic - with Katy Allen