The annual Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, published since 1997, is based on an extensive annual peer survey process. The lawyers named in the Directory are acknowledged as leaders in their respective fields, lawyers prominent in their practice areas and professional organizations, and lawyers otherwise enjoying significant recognition from their colleagues.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized as a leading firm in the following areas: Banking & Financial Institutions, Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Finance & Securities, Energy (Electricity and Oil & Gas), Environmental Law, Indigenous Law, Franchise Law, Insolvency & Restructuring, Labour Relations, Litigation (Corporate Commercial), Mergers & Acquisitions, Mining, Pensions & Employee Benefits, and Property Development
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Asset-Based Lending, Banking & Financial Institutions, Corporate Law (Commercial, Mid-Market, Finance & Securities, Tax), Employment Law (Employer), Energy (Electricity and Oil & Gas), Environmental, Litigation (Corporate Commercial), Litigation - Public Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Mining, Property Development, Property Leasing, Pensions & Employee Benefits, Workplace Human Rights and Technology Transactions
- 28 lawyers recognized
Chambers Global ranks the leading law firm and lawyers worldwide, covering over 190 countries across the world and also includes Region-wide and Global-wide sections.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized for: Aboriginal, Energy & Natural Resources: Mining, Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional), Energy: Power (Regulatory), Environment, Projects & Energy - Qatar
- 9 lawyers recognized
Chambers Canada ranks the leading law firms and lawyers in all provinces and territories in Canada.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized for: Aboriginal (Nationwide - Canada), Agribusiness (Forestry - Nationwide - Canada), Corporate/Commercial (British Columbia), Litigation: General Commercial (British Columbia), Litigation: General Commercial (Alberta), Employment & Labour (British Columbia), Employment & Labour (Nationwide - Canada), Energy & Natual Resources: Mining (Nationwide - Canada), Energy: Provincial Regulatory & Litigation (British Columbia), Energy: Provincial Regulatory & Litigation (Alberta), Energy: Power (Regulatory) (Nationwide - Canada), Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional) (Nationwide - Canada), Environment (Nationwide - Canada), General Business Law (Northern Canada and Arctic), Pensions & Benefits (Nationwide - Canada), Real Estate (Alberta), and Real Estate (British Columbia).
- 34 lawyers recognized
Benchmark Canada focuses exclusively on litigation in Canada. Their rankings and editorials are divided on a provincial basis. The guide's results are the culmination of a four-month research period that allows researchers to conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients.
- Lawson Lundell is recommended in British Columbia for litigation in the following areas: Aboriginal Law, Class Action Law, Defamation Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law, Environmental Law, Estate Law, General Commercial Law, Insolvency Law, Insurance Law, Intellectual Property Law, Labour and Employment Law, Media and Entertainment Law, Product Liability Law, Public Law, Securities Law and Tax Law
- Lawson Lundell named "Alberta Law Firm of the Year" at Benchmark Canada® 2019 Awards
- Lawson Lundell named "Aboriginal Law Firm of the Year" at Benchmark Canada® 2018 & 2019 Awards
- Lawson Lundell was shortlisted in Six Benchmark Canada® 2019 Award categories
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2015
- Lawson Lundell named British Columbia Firm of the Year in Litigation at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2014
- Keith Bergner named Aboriginal Law Litigator of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013, 2014, 2017 & 2019.
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013
- 27 lawyers recognized in the 2019 editorial
The Best Lawyers in Canada® compiles lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. A listing in Best Lawyers® is widely regarded within the legal profession as a signal honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
- In British Columbia, we are top-listed in Employee Benefits, and Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- 52 of our lawyers are recognized in 31 practice areas
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Class Action Litigation, Construction Law, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Corporate Governance Practice, Corporate Law, Defamation and Media Law, Employee Benefits Law, Energy Law, Energy Regulatory Law, Environmental Law, Family Law, Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, Labour and Employment Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Mining Law, Municipal Law, Natural Resources Law, Oil & Gas Law, Personal Injury Litigation, Privacy & Data Security Law, Product Liability Law, Project Finance Law, Public Finance Law, Real Estate Law, Securities Law, Tax Law, and Technology Law.
Since 1996 Who's Who Legal has identified the foremost legal practitioners in 30 areas of business law. In total, they feature over 9,000 of the World’s leading private practice lawyers from over 100 national jurisdictions.
- Who's Who Legal Canada recommends Lawson Lundell for Mining, Energy, Environmental and Labour, Employment & Benefits
- 14 lawyers recognized
Published for over twenty years, the Legal 500 Series provides comprehensive worldwide coverage on legal services providers in over 100 countries. It is used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, CFOs and professional advisers - as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally.
- Lawson Lundell has been recommended in the following 9 practice areas: Aboriginal Law, Dispute resolution (British Columbia), Energy (Mining), Energy (Oil and gas), Energy (Power), Environment, Labour and Employment, Pensions and Real Estate
- Our lawyers are listed in elite "Leading lawyers" list. The Legal 500 Canada 2017's guide to outstanding lawyers nationwide and recognized in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Energy (Power), Energy (Mining) Environment, Pensions and Labour and Employment
- Our lawyers are recommended in the editorial in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Dispute resolution, Energy (Mining), Energy (Oil and gas), Energy (Power), Environment, Labour and Employment, Pensions, and Real Estate
- 17 lawyers recognized or recommended
Canadian Lawyer Magazine is Canada’s first and foremost award-winning publication of Canadian law. ‘Canadian Lawyer’ has ranked the top 10 Canadian law firms in their respective regions. The rankings are based on regional service coverage, client base, notable mandates, service excellence, and legal expertise.
- Lawson Lundell is ranked the #1 regional law firm in B.C., Alberta and the North (2010-2016)