The annual Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, published since 1997, is based on an extensive annual peer survey process. The lawyers named in the Directory are acknowledged as leaders in their respective fields, lawyers prominent in their practice areas and professional organizations, and lawyers otherwise enjoying significant recognition from their colleagues.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized as a leading firm in the following areas: Banking & Financial Institutions (Vancouver), Corporate Commercial Law (Vancouver), Corporate Finance & Securities (Vancouver), Energy - Electricity (Vancouver), Energy - Oil & Gas (Vancouver), Environmental Law (Vancouver), Franchise Law (Calgary), Indigenous Law (Calgary), Indigenous Law (Vancouver), Insolvency & Financial Restructuring (Vancouver), Labour Relations (Vancouver), Litigation - Corporate Commercial (Calgary), Litigation - Corporate Commercial (Vancouver), Mergers & Acquisitions (Vancouver), Mining (Vancouver), Pensions & Employee Benefits (Vancouver), and Property Development (Vancouver)
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Asset-Based Lending, Banking & Financial Institutions, Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Mid-Market, Corporate Tax, Employment Law, Energy (Electricity), Energy (Oil & Gas), Environmental Law, Indigenous Law, Litigation - Corporate Commercial, Litigation - Regulatory & Public Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Mining, Pensions & Employee Benefits, Property Development, Property Leasing, and Technology Transactions
- 33 lawyers recognized
Chambers Global ranks the leading law firm and lawyers worldwide, covering over 190 countries across the world and also includes Region-wide and Global-wide sections.
- Lawson Lundell has four recognised practice groups: Aboriginal Law (Band 1), Energy: Oil & Gas (Band 3), Energy: Power (Band 3), and Environment (Band 3)
- 13 lawyers are recognized across Aboriginal, Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional), Energy: Power (Regulatory), Environment, and Mining (International & Cross-Border)
Chambers Canada ranks the leading law firms and lawyers in all provinces and territories in Canada.
- Lawson Lundell's lawyers are recognized for: Aboriginal (Nationwide - Canada), Agribusiness: Forestry (Nationwide - Canada), Corporate/Commercial (British Columbia), Employment & Labour (British Columbia), Energy & Natural Resources: Mining (Nationwide - Canada), Energy & Natural Resources: Mining: Development and Operations (Nationwide - Canada), Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional) (Nationwide - Canada), Energy: Power (Regulatory) (Nationwide - Canada), Energy: Provincial Regulatory (British Columbia), Energy: Provincial Regulatory (Alberta), Environment (Nationwide - Canada), General Business Law (Northern Canada and Arctic), Litigation: General Commercial (British Columbia), Litigation: General Commercial (Alberta), Pensions & Benefits (Nationwide - Canada), Real Estate (British Columbia), and Tax (Nationwide - Canada).
- 33 lawyers recognized
Benchmark Canada focuses exclusively on litigation in Canada. Their rankings and editorials are divided on a provincial basis. The guide's results are the culmination of a four-month research period that allows researchers to conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients.
- Lawson Lundell is recommended for litigation in the following areas: Dispute Resolution, Aboriginal Law, Administrative Law, Arbitration, Class Action Law, Commercial Law, Construction Law, Defamation Law, Energy Law, Entertainment Law, Environmental Law, Insolvency Law, Insurance Law, Intellectual Property Law, Labor & Employment Law, Media Law, Product Liability &Recall Law, Securities Law, Tax Disputes, and Trusts & Estates.
- 29 lawyers recognized 2021 - 24 Litigation Stars and five Future Stars
- Tamela J. Coates, QC, FCIArb. recognised by Benchmark Litigation on their list of the Top 50 Women in Litigation in Canada for 2020
- Craig A.B. Ferris, QC, FCIArb. and Grant Vogeli, QC recognised by Benchmark Litigation on their list of the Top 50 Trial Lawyers in Canada for 2020
- Lawson Lundell named "Alberta Law Firm of the Year" at Benchmark Canada® 2019 Awards
- Lawson Lundell named "Aboriginal Law Firm of the Year" at Benchmark Canada® 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Awards
- Keith Bergner named Aboriginal Law Litigator of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013, 2014, 2017, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Grant Vogeli, QC named Alberta Litigator of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2020 and 2021.
- Lawson Lundell awarded an Impact Case Award in 2021 for Bell Canada Inc., Rogers Communications Canada Inc., Shaw Communications Inc., and TELUS Communications Inc. v. the City of Calgary – Lead Counsel: Tamela Coates, QC, FCIArb. and Ricki-Lee Gerbrandt
- Lawson Lundell awarded an Impact Case Award in 2020 for TransAlta Generation Partnership v Balancing Pool – Lead Counsel: Mike Donaldson, Toby Kruger and Michelle Casey
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2015
- Lawson Lundell named British Columbia Firm of the Year in Litigation at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2014
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013
The Best Lawyers in Canada® compiles lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. A listing in Best Lawyers® is widely regarded within the legal profession as a signal honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2021: Law Firm of the Year in Aboriginal Law, and Mining Law
- In British Columbia, we are top-listed in Employee Benefits, and Environmental Law
- 58 of our lawyers are recognized in 34 practice areas
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Administrative and Public Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate Practice, Asset-Based Lending Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Class Action Litigation, Construction Law, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Corporate Governance Practice, Corporate Law, Defamation and Media Law, Employee Benefits Law, Energy Law, Energy Regulatory Law, Environmental Law, Family Law, Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, Labour and Employment Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Mining Law, Municipal Law, Natural Resources Law, Oil and Gas Law, Personal Injury Litigation, Privacy and Data Security Law, Product Liability Law, Project Finance Law, Public Finance Law, Real Estate Law, Securities Law, Tax Law, and Technology Law
Since 1996 Who's Who Legal has identified the foremost legal practitioners in 30 areas of business law. In total, they feature over 9,000 of the World’s leading private practice lawyers from over 100 national jurisdictions.
- Who's Who Legal Canada recommends Lawson Lundell for Mining, Energy, Environmental and Labour, Employment & Benefits
- 14 lawyers recognized
Published for over twenty years, the Legal 500 Series provides comprehensive worldwide coverage on legal services providers in over 100 countries. It is used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, CFOs and professional advisers - as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally.
- Lawson Lundell has been recommended in the following 10 practice areas: Corporate & M&A – Tier 4, Dispute Resolution: BC – Tier 3, Energy & Natural Resources: Mining – Tier 2, Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas – Tier 4, Energy & Natural Resources: Power – Tier 3, Environment – Tier 3, Indigenous Law – Tier 2, Labour & Employment – Tier 3, Pensions – Tier 2, and Real Estate – Tier 5
- 9 lawyers recognized for their expertise across seven practice areas: Corporate & M&A, Dispute Resolution: B.C., Energy & Natural Resources: Mining, Environment, Indigenous Law, Labour & Employment, and Pensions
Canadian Lawyer Magazine is Canada’s first and foremost award-winning publication of Canadian law. ‘Canadian Lawyer’ has ranked the top 10 Canadian law firms in their respective regions. The rankings are based on regional service coverage, client base, notable mandates, service excellence, and legal expertise.
- Lawson Lundell is ranked the #1 regional law firm in B.C., Alberta and the North (2010-2016)