Chambers Canada ranks the leading law firms and lawyers in all provinces and territories in Canada.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized for: Aboriginal (Nationwide - Canada), Agribusiness (Forestry - Nationwide - Canada), Dispute Resolution (British Columbia), Employment & Labour (British Columbia) and Employment & Labour (Nationwide - Canada), Energy & Natural Resources: Mining (Nationwide - Canada), Energy: Power (Regulatory) (Canada), Energy: Oil & Gas (Nationwide – Canada), Energy: Provincial Regulatory & Litigation (British Columbia), Environment (Nationwide - Canada), General Business Law (Northern Canada and Arctic), Pensions & Benefits (Canada), Corporate/Commercial (British Columbia), Energy: Power (Transactional) (Canada), Real Estate (British Columbia) and Real Estate (Nationwide - Canada)
- 31 lawyers recognized
The Best Lawyers in Canada® compiles lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. A listing in Best Lawyers® is widely regarded within the legal profession as a signal honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
- In British Columbia, we are top-listed in Employee Benefits, Energy Regulatory Law and Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- 50 of our lawyers are recognized in 33 practice areas
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Administrative and Public Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Class Action Litigation, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Corporate Governance Practice, Corporate Law, Defamation and Media Law, Employee Benefits Law, Energy Law, Energy Regulatory Law, Environmental Law, Family Law, Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, Labour and Employment Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Mining Law, Municipal Law, Natural Resources Law, Oil & Gas Law, Personal Injury Litigation, Private Funds Law, Product Liability Law, Project Finance Law, Public Finance Law, Real Estate Law, Securities Law, Tax Law, Technology Law and Venture Capital Law
Chambers Global ranks the leading law firm and lawyers worldwide, covering over 190 countries across the world and also includes Region-wide and Global-wide sections.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized for: Aboriginal, Energy & Natural Resources: Mining, Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional), Energy: Power (Regulatory), Environment, Projects & Energy - Qatar
- 9 lawyers recognized
Benchmark Canada focuses exclusively on litigation in Canada. Their rankings and editorials are divided on a provincial basis. The guide's results are the culmination of a four-month research period that allows researchers to conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients.
- Lawson Lundell is recommended in British Columbia for litigation in the following areas: Aboriginal Law, Class Action Law, Defamation Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law, Environmental Law, Estate Law, General Commercial Law, Insolvency Law, Insurance Law, Intellectual Property Law, Labour and Employment Law, Media and Entertainment Law, Product Liability Law, Public Law, Securities Law and Tax Law
- Lawson Lundell named "Alberta Law Firm of the Year" at Benchmark Canada® 2019 Awards
- Lawson Lundell named "Aboriginal Law Firm of the Year" at Benchmark Canada® 2018 & 2019 Awards
- Lawson Lundell was shortlisted in Six Benchmark Canada® 2019 Award categories
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2015
- Lawson Lundell named British Columbia Firm of the Year in Litigation at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2014
- Keith Bergner named Aboriginal Law Litigator of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013, 2014, 2017 & 2019.
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013
- 27 lawyers recognized in the 2019 editorial
Published for over twenty years, the Legal 500 Series provides comprehensive worldwide coverage on legal services providers in over 100 countries. It is used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, CFOs and professional advisers - as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally.
- Lawson Lundell has been recommended in the following 9 practice areas: Aboriginal Law, Dispute resolution (British Columbia), Energy (Mining), Energy (Oil and gas), Energy (Power), Environment, Labour and Employment, Pensions and Real Estate
- Our lawyers are listed in elite "Leading lawyers" list. The Legal 500 Canada 2017's guide to outstanding lawyers nationwide and recognized in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Energy (Power), Energy (Mining) Environment, Pensions and Labour and Employment
- Our lawyers are recommended in the editorial in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Dispute resolution, Energy (Mining), Energy (Oil and gas), Energy (Power), Environment, Labour and Employment, Pensions, and Real Estate
- 17 lawyers recognized or recommended
Since 1996 Who's Who Legal has identified the foremost legal practitioners in 30 areas of business law. In total, they feature over 9,000 of the World’s leading private practice lawyers from over 100 national jurisdictions.
- Who's Who Legal Canada recommends Lawson Lundell for Mining, Energy, Environmental and Labour, Employment & Benefits
- 14 lawyers recognized
Canadian Lawyer Magazine is Canada’s first and foremost award-winning publication of Canadian law. ‘Canadian Lawyer’ has ranked the top 10 Canadian law firms in their respective regions. The rankings are based on regional service coverage, client base, notable mandates, service excellence, and legal expertise.
- Lawson Lundell is ranked the #1 regional law firm in B.C., Alberta and the North (2010-2016)
With a history spanning 140 years, the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Network covers over one million lawyers and law firms in over 160 countries.
- Firm AV® Peer Review rated, the highest firm rating available
- 42 lawyers recognized