Tax is a core part of our business law practice and has been for decades.
The Lawson Lundell tax team is one of BC’s strongest tax groups. Our tax team provides creative yet practical tax advice to a wide range of clients including public and private companies, private equity funds, partnerships, pension funds, investment advisors, governmental entities, owner-managed businesses and high net worth individuals.
Our tax lawyers have received high recognition from The Best Lawyers® in Canada directory, The Canadian Legal Lexpert® directory, Martindale Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, International Tax Review® and Legal 500®.
The depth of the Lawson Lundell tax team is extended with our World Services Group affiliation which provides us with quick and efficient access to tax professionals in over 130 countries. We maintain regular contact with the tax groups at each of the Canadian law firms in the World Services Group, and as a result, have direct access to the expertise of over 60 tax lawyers across Canada.
Tax considerations are key drivers to many business decisions and transactions. Our tax team can provide you with the advice that you need to make those decisions.
Recognitions & Rankings
Recognitions & Rankings
- Best Lawyers in Canada recognizes our lawyers for Tax Law
- Canadian Lexpert Directory recognizes Lawson Lundell as a leading firm in Corporate Tax
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys recommends Lawson Lundell in British Columbia for Tax Law
News & Publications
- Lawson Lundell represents BC Hydro in the $825 million purchase of a 1/3 interest in the 493 megawatt Waneta Dam from Teck Metals Ltd.22.3.10
- Federal Budget 2010 Taxation Measures of Interest to Technology Companies, Private Equity and Venture Capital17.3.10
- British Columbia Legal Update Prepared for the 39th Annual Canadian Property Tax Association National Workshop Cross-Canada Legal Panel28.9.05
- “Various Aspects of Control, Including De Facto Control,” Canadian Tax Foundation, BC Tax ConferenceVancouver, 29.9.15
- "CLE TV: Tax Aspects of EU Law” CLE TVVancouver, 23.9.15
- 新闻中心 , 10.5.19
- Labour and Employment Law Blog, 21.3.19
- Business Law Blog, 22.3.17
- Business Law Blog, 23.3.16
- Labour and Employment Law Blog, 14.12.15
- Business Law Blog, 6.9.15
- Business Law Blog, 18.2.15
- Business Law Blog, 27.9.13