- CBC, 17.1.20
CBC News interviewed Ryan Berger, partner at Lawson Lundell, on the Liberal government’s plan to enact legislation that will ensure compensation for privacy breach victims.
- Benefits Canada, 17.1.20
Gordon Brandt successfully represented the Trustees of the IWA-Forest Industry Pension and Long-Term Disability plans at the British Columbia Supreme Court
Lawson Lundell partner, Craig Ferris, QC, FCIArb.,has been elected President of the Law Society of British Columbia for 2020.
- Chambers Global Practice Guide: Litigation, 9.1.20
- CKNW Radio, 30.12.19
Lawson Lundell is delighted to announce that Clifford G. Proudfoot, Firm Managing Partner, has been appointed Queen’s counsel (QC) for 2019. The Queen’s Counsel designation recognizes lawyers with exceptional contributions to the legal profession. Cliff is one of just 26 recipients for 2019 in British Columbia.
The Canadian energy business is facing serious challenges, both to its sources of finance and to its legitimacy as a core part of our economy. In response, we think all of us have to first do better with less. That is part of the process of creative destruction, and it's how we've built in the past.
Yellowknife partner, Sheila MacPherson, has been recognized as one of Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Award for 2019 by the Women's Executive Network in the Intact Professionals category.
All of the partners, associates and staff of Lawson Lundell are deeply saddened by the recent passing of our partner, Heather Ferris.
- "Outbound hard ground" | China Business Law Journal, 10.19
Jack Yong, Partner and Leader of Lawson Lundell's China Initiative, was quoted in the China Business Law Journal article, "Outbound hard ground".
- Global Legal Group, 7.10.19
- The Lawyer's Daily, 27.9.19
- Chambers Canada, 19.9.19
Lawson Lundell LLP is pleased to announce that the latest edition of Chambers Canada has recognized a number of its lawyers and practices across the country for professional excellence, deep sector expertise and efficacious client representation.
- Ritu Mahil featured in Business in Vancouver’s Fall 2019 Edition of Women in Business: “Harassment: Understanding, recognizing and addressing it in the workplace”Women in Business Fall 2019 published by Business in Vancouver, 6.9.19
Ritu Mahil's article entitled, "Harassment: Understanding, recognizing and addressing it in the workplace" was featured on the Women in Business Fall 2019 published by Business in Vancouver.
- Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 4.9.19
Lawson Lundell LLP is pleased to announce the relocation and opening of our new Calgary office, located at Suite 1100, 225 6th Avenue SW, in downtown Calgary’s Brookfield Place. The move is a result of the Firm’s continuous growth and is designed to better serve our clients. The new office is now open for service.
- 9 Lawson Lundell Lawyers Recognized in 2019 Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers30.8.19
Lawson Lundell is pleased to announce that nine of our lawyers are listed in the 2019 Lexpert/Report on Business Special Edition on Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers.
- Peter Tolensky quoted in Canadian Lawyer Magazine article: "Canadian lawyers help real estate investors navigate international property deals"Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 26.8.19
- The Best Lawyers in Canada® 2020 Edition, 21.8.19
- Sandra MacKenzie: Winner of the 2019 Canadian Bar Association - Northwest Territories Community Service Award14.8.19
- Global Legal Insights
- Thomas Reuters, 1.8.19
- Jisoo Vis in CBC Interview titled "Litigation around a family’s heritage – the details with Dominique Arnoldi"26.7.19
- Benchmark Litigation 40 & Under Hot List, 10.7.19
- Benchmark Canada, 8.7.19
- Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 13.6.19
- Business in Vancouver, 7.6.19
- Five Lawson Lundell Professionals Recognized in 2019 Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate LawyersLexpert/ROB Special Edition - Corporate 2019, 6.5.19
This year, five Lawson Lundell partners have been listed in the Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, included in the April 26, 2019 issue of The Globe and Mail's Report on Business magazine.
- CBC News, 25.4.19
- © Thomson Reuters Canada Limited, 18.4.19
- Business In Vancouver, 8.4.19
- The Negotiator, 4.19
- Benchmark Canada 2019 , 26.3.19
A total of 27 Lawson Lundell professionals have been recognized among Canada's foremost litigators in the 2019 edition of Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys.
- Acritas Stars, 19.3.19
- Valerie Mann & Angela Austman Named to BCBusiness Magazine’s “Most Influential Women in Finance” ListBCBusiness Magazine, 6.3.19
- American Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, 5.3.19
- Contributor to ‘Chapter 12: Commercial Tenancies: Introduction’ and ‘Chapter 13: Commercial Tenancies: The Commercial Lease’ in Rental Property Management Licensing Course Manual (Vancouver, BC: UBC Real Estate Division, 2019).
- Presenter – Innovate Calgary Telus Accelerator Program25.2.19
- Presenter – Innovate Calgary RBC Social Enterprise Accelerator25.2.19
- Contributor and editor, Thomson Reuters Practical Law Canada, Corporate Law Survey (Alberta)25.2.19
- The Star Vancouver, 25.2.19
- Allard School of Law Alumni Magazine, 20.2.19
- Chambers Global, 14.2.19
- Benchmark Canada®, 31.1.19
- CTV News, 28.1.19
- Business in Vancouver, 25.1.19
- Key Corporate and Commercial Law Decisions of 2018CBA - AB Business Law Section, 1.19