- Business In Vancouver, 8.4.19
- The Negotiator, 4.19
- Benchmark Canada 2019 , 26.3.19
A total of 27 Lawson Lundell professionals have been recognized among Canada's foremost litigators in the 2019 edition of Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys.
- Acritas Stars, 19.3.19
- Benchmark Canada, 8.3.19
Lawson Lundell has won three awards and was shortlisted in six categories at the Benchmark Canada 2019 Awards ceremony held last night in Toronto. These awards honour the best of the litigation practices across the country.
- Valerie Mann & Angela Austman Named to BCBusiness Magazine’s “Most Influential Women in Finance” ListBCBusiness Magazine, 6.3.19
- American Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, 5.3.19
- Contributor to ‘Chapter 12: Commercial Tenancies: Introduction’ and ‘Chapter 13: Commercial Tenancies: The Commercial Lease’ in Rental Property Management Licensing Course Manual (Vancouver, BC: UBC Real Estate Division, 2019).
- Presenter – Innovate Calgary Telus Accelerator Program25.2.19
- Presenter – Innovate Calgary RBC Social Enterprise Accelerator25.2.19
- Contributor and editor, Thomson Reuters Practical Law Canada, Corporate Law Survey (Alberta)25.2.19
- The Star Vancouver, 25.2.19
- Allard School of Law Alumni Magazine, 20.2.19
- Chambers Global, 14.2.19
- Benchmark Canada®, 31.1.19
- CTV News, 28.1.19
- Business in Vancouver, 25.1.19
- Key Corporate and Commercial Law Decisions of 2018CBA - AB Business Law Section, 1.19
We are pleased to announce that Peter J. Roberts was recently appointed Queen’s Counsel. These appointments recognize exceptional merit and contribution to the legal profession and are available to only 7% of legal practitioners. Congratulations Peter!
- Business In Vancouver, 12.12.18
- Chambers & Partners Global Practice Guides: Environmental Law, 2019
- The Negotiator, 12.18
This paper discusses contract law issues including decisions of relevance to commercial lawyers and business leaders giving a snapshot of particular principles of interest that arose in case law over the past 12 months.
- Valerie Mann Recently Inducted into the Women’s Executive Network’s Top 100 Awards and Inducted into the Hall of Fame for 2018WXN Top100 Awards, 22.11.18
- Lexpert Magazine, 13.11.18
- Lawson Lundell named Corporate Business Of The Year at the 2018 Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce Business Awards22.10.18
- Global Legal Group, 1.10.18
- Angela Austman quoted in Business in Vancouver article, "Networking not just small talk, experts tell aspiring entrepreneurs"Business in Vancouver, 21.9.18
Angela Austman quoted in Business in Vancouver article, "Networking not just small talk, experts tell aspiring entrepreneurs"
- Chambers Canada , 21.9.18
- Benefits Canada, 12.9.18
- Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 11.9.18
- Lawson Lundell Shortlisted for Corporate Business Of The Year in the 2018 Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce Business Awards10.9.18
- University Affairs Magazine, 6.9.18
- CBA National Magazine, 6.9.18
- Six Lawson Lundell lawyers recognized in 2018 Lexpert™ Special Edition – Canada's Leading Energy LawyersLexpert™ Special Edition – Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers , 5.9.18
- Canadian Employment Law Today, newsletter in Canadian HR Reporter, 22.8.18
- The Best Lawyers in Canada® , 21.8.18
We are pleased to announce that 50 of Lawson Lundell LLP’s lawyers have been recognized in the 13th Edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada® across 33 practice areas.
- Michael Morgan quoted in The Lawyer's Daily article, "B.C. Appeal Court: Lower court ruling on construction liability 'unsatisfactory, if not unjust'"31.7.18
- Article by Peter Roberts and Edward Wilson, "B.C. appeal decision clarifies voting on strata wind-ups" featured in the The Lawyer's Daily25.7.18
- 2(d) as Harbinger of Substantive Justice? Toward the Creation of a Meaningful Freedom of Association.Windsor Review of Legal and Social Issues 39 (2018): 35-66, 25.7.18
- Allard International Justice and Human Rights Clinic (Vancouver: Allard School of Law, June 2017), 25.7.18
- Benchmark Litigation, 3.7.18
- Benefits and Pensions Monitor, 6.6.18
- June 2018
- Asian Heritage Month: Profiling Flora Griffith, Associate in our Pensions and Employee Benefits GroupMay 2018
- May 2018
- May 2018
- May 2018
- May 2018
- Thomson Reuters Practical Law Global Guide 2017/2018, 5.18
Rita Andreone, QC and Chat Ortved prepared a Q&A guide to "Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties in Canada: Overview." The Q&A gives a high level overview of board composition, the comply or explain approach, management rules and authority, directors’ duties and liabilities, transactions with directors and conflicts, company meetings, internal controls, accounts and audit, institutional investors and reform proposals.
- Canadian Employment Law Today, newsletter in Canadian HR Reporter, 15.5.18
Nicole Skuggedal and Katy Allen's article, "Class Action for Workplace Sexual Harassment Allowed to Proceed" was featured in Canadian HR Reporter's newsletter section, Canadian Employment Law Today.
- Business In Vancouver, 9.5.18
- May 2018
- The Lawyer's Daily, 7.5.18
Craig Ferris, QC, FCIArb. was quoted in a recent article in The Lawyer's Daily, "B.C. modernizes class action legislation; group looking into same for Ontario." This article discusses British Columbia's changes to modernize its legislation on class action proceedings and examines how this may lead to an increase in class actions.
Read the full article here.