Brendan is a member of the Real Estate and Corporate/Commercial Law Groups at Lawson Lundell.
As a real estate lawyer, Brendan advises clients on a variety of real property matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, development, and commercial leasing. Brendan also has a keen interest in and assists clients with unique and often complex real estate issues involving Crown land, First Nations, railways, pipelines, mines, hydroelectric generation and transmission facilities, biogas facilities, port and dock facilities, and contaminated sites.
In his corporate/commercial practice, Brendan provides general counsel to businesses and societies, and assists with corporate transactions. He advises clients on private mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and reorganizations, corporate finance, and governance issues. Brendan has extensive experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements across various industries.
Brendan has worked with a wide range of clients from entrepreneurs and investors to real estate developers, municipal governments, utilities, unions, and companies in the technology, energy and resource, security services, and financial services sectors, among others. Clients appreciate his practical, business-minded advice, interest in the intricacies of their businesses, and ability to provide big-picture, strategic thinking within the context of their unique operational realities.
Prior to joining Lawson Lundell, Brendan practiced at a large Vancouver law firm and worked in the Information Technology sector.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association
- CBABC/UBC Mentorship Program, Mentor, 2015-2016, 2018-Present
- Little Mountain Residential Care & Housing Society, Director, 2016-2018
- University of British Columbia Senate, Senator, 2011-2013
- Appeals of Academic Standing Committee (UBC Senate), Member, 2011-2013
- Student Appeals on Academic Discipline Committee (UBC Senate), Member, 2011-2013
- UBC President’s Committee on Non-Academic Misconduct, Member, 2012-2013
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Contributor to ‘Chapter 12: Commercial Tenancies: Introduction’ and ‘Chapter 13: Commercial Tenancies: The Commercial Lease’ in Rental Property Management Licensing Course Manual (Vancouver, BC: UBC Real Estate Division, 2019).
- British Columbia Provides Additional Information on Speculation Tax, Real Estate Law Blog, March 27, 2018
- 不列颠哥伦比亚省公布投机税详情, 新闻中心 , March 27, 2018
- 2019 Real Estate Breakfast Roundtable , Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, October 16, 2019, Presenter
- Kelly Cumberland
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5378
- British Columbia (2014)
University of British Colombia (J.D., 2013)
University of British Columbia (B.A., 2010)