Maxwell is a partner in the Real Estate Group at Lawson Lundell and advises clients on all aspects of the commercial real estate and development industry, including the acquisition, disposition, financing, rezoning, subdivision, development, redevelopment and leasing of real property.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Canada Bar Association - Vancouver Real Property Subsection, Executive Committee Member (Co-Chair), 2015 - 2017
- Urban Development Institute, Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- British Columbia Due Diligence Deskbook, Contributing Author
Maxwell has a personal interest in sustainable architecture and community development and during law school worked as a contractor on several green developments in the greater Edmonton area. His spare time is spent exploring the natural beauty surrounding Vancouver and the cultural diversity within its boundaries.
Recognitions & Rankings
Recognitions & Rankings
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2019-2021: recognized in Real Estate Law
- Acritas Stars 2019-2020
- Acting for the purchaser in an acquisition of a rental and office complex in Vancouver, BC for a purchase price of $130,000,000.
- Acting for the seller of an industrial property in East Vancouver in a sale and leaseback transaction at a sale price of $57,500,000.
- Assisting clients with the acquisition and disposition of commercial and industrial investment properties.
- Advising clients in a variety of general corporate and commercial matters, including the acquisition of businesses, preparation and negotiation of shareholder's agreements and limited partnership agreements.
- Acting as lead leasing counsel to a large Canadian Real Estate Investment Trust in respect to its portfolio of properties in Western Canada and in the lease preparation and negotiation of approximately 100 distinct leasing matters.
- Acting for a BC-based developer in respect to various residential and mixed-use developments, advising on the organization and formation of various development entities, rezoning and municipal matters, financing, pre-sale purchaser documentation in compliance with the Real Estate Development Marketing Act, and conveyance of completed strata lots to individual purchasers.
- Acting for a seniors housing trust with respect to various acquisitions of retirement homes in BC.
- Acting for a group of investors with structuring a limited partnership and general partner and their acquisition of a student housing complex from receivership in Edmonton, Alberta.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- 58 Lawson Lundell Lawyers Recognized Across 34 Practice Areas in the Best Lawyers in Canada® 2021 , Best Lawyers in Canada® 2021 Edition, August 27, 2020
- Acritas Recognises Lawson Lundell Professionals as "Star Lawyers" , Acritas Stars, April 17, 2020
- 53 Lawson Lundell Lawyers Recognized Across 32 Practice Areas in The Best Lawyers in Canada® 2020, The Best Lawyers in Canada® 2020 Edition, August 21, 2019
- Maxwell Carroll quoted in Canadian Lawyer Magazine, Canadian Lawyer Magazine, June 13, 2019
- Acritas Recognises Lawson Lundell Professionals as "Star Lawyers" , Acritas Stars, March 19, 2019
- 50 Lawson Lundell Lawyers Recognized Across 33 Practice Areas in The Best Lawyers in Canada® 2019, The Best Lawyers in Canada® , 13th Edition, August 21, 2018
- Chapter 21: Municipal Property Taxation Searches (update), CLEBC British Columbia Due Diligence Deskbook, 2017, Author
- B.C. Government Outlines Rent Repayment Framework for Residential Tenancies, Real Estate Law Blog, July 21, 2020
- New Ministerial Order Revises Measures in Place for Residential Landlords & Tenants in British Columbia, Real Estate Law Blog, June 25, 2020
- 不列颠哥伦比亚省新的部长令修改了针对住宅业主和租客的措施 , 新闻中心 , June 25, 2020
- BC Housing Outlines Details for Temporary Rental Supplement Program, Real Estate Law Blog, April 9, 2020
- 部长令详述针对不列颠哥伦比亚省住宅房东和租户的救济措施 , 新闻中心 , April 1, 2020
- Ministerial Order Details Relief Measures for Residential Landlords & Tenants in British Columbia, Real Estate Law Blog, March 31, 2020
- Shelter in Place: BC Government Announces COVID-19 Survival Tools for Residential Landlords and Tenants, Real Estate Law Blog, March 25, 2020
- Budget 2020 Update: Is There Clarity for Limited Partnerships and Foreign Buyers’ Tax?, Real Estate Law Blog, February 25, 2020
- New pre-sale disclosure requirements and other changes to Alberta’s Condominium Property Act, Real Estate Law Blog, March 6, 2018
- Recent Changes to Alberta's Guarantees Acknowledgment Act, Real Estate Law Blog, May 25, 2015
- Lawson Lundell Participates in the JDRF's SunLife Ride to Defeat Diabetes, Vancouver, BC, October 4, 2019, Volunteer
- Jamie Toor
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5453
- British Columbia (2010)
- Alberta (2017)
University of Alberta (B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering), 2005)
University of Alberta (LL.B., 2009)