Alastair is an associate in the Calgary office of Lawson Lundell LLP. His practice is focused on regulatory, environmental and Indigenous law. He represents clients in the energy industry and other regulated sectors, helping them understand, navigate, and comply with their regulatory obligations.
Alastair provides practical and results oriented advice to project proponents. He also advises facility owners, helping them operate and grow their businesses. Clients benefit from his advice on risk mitigation strategies informed by his prior commercial litigation experience.
Prior to joining Lawson Lundell, Alastair clerked at the Alberta Court of Appeal and practiced complex commercial litigation in the Calgary and Toronto offices of a leading national law firm.
- Counsel to a software developer in connection with a multi-million dollar negotiated resolution of a royalty dispute;
- Counsel to a reinsurance company in connection with $25 million multi-jurisdictional product liability coverage litigation;
- Counsel to a major international environmental technology company in connection in connection with multi-million dollar construction litigation;
- Counsel to an industrial equipment finance company in connection with certain fraud recovery matters;
News & Publications
- NEB Declines Jurisdiction Over Coastal GasLink Pipeline But Leaves Open Question of Jurisdiction Over the LNG Facility, Project Law Blog, July 31, 2019
- Tracy Roberts
- Legal Assistant
- T: 403.218.7520
- Alberta (2014)
- Ontario (2015)
- University of Calgary (J.D., Gold Medalist, 2013)
- University of Calgary (B.A., Honours, 2010)