Catherine is a member of the Research and Opinions Group. She has experience in conducting research and drafting legal opinions on a broad spectrum of topics, including insurance policy interpretation, tort law principles, domestic and foreign legislation, and court procedural rules.
Catherine acquired her J.D. at the Peter A. Allard School of Law, during which time she volunteered for the UBC Law Review and worked as a research assistant for a professor and a retired justice of the BC Supreme Court.
Before joining Lawson Lundell, Catherine served as a researcher for an insurance defence boutique firm, where she conducted research on diverse legal issues, assisted in the writing and editing of Sports and Recreational Liability Law in Canada (Canada Law Book, 2017), as well as more generally assisted in the drafting of pleadings, mediation briefs, written arguments for trial and chambers matters, and Appeal Court facta.
- Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch, Member
News & Publications
News & Publications
Contributing Editor in Sports and Recreation Liability Law in Canada (Canada Law Book, 2017)
- Lisa Peters, QC, Scott Lucyk & Catherine Whitehead's Article on B.C.'s Arbitration System Published by CBABC, The Canadian Bar Association British Columbia, October 1, 2020
- “You Don’t Have to Cough it Up”: In Babstock, Supreme Court of Canada Confirms Disgorgement is an Exceptional Remedy, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, July 28, 2020
- Arbitration Overhaul: BC Passes Legislation to Modernize its Domestic Arbitration System, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, July 3, 2020
- Suspension of Mandatory Limitation Periods & Other Mandatory Time Periods for Commencement of Proceedings in British Columbia, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, March 30, 2020
- 不列颠哥伦比亚省暂停提起诉讼的强制时效期限和其他强制性时限 , 新闻中心 , March 30, 2020
- We Will Not Be Able to Fulfill Contractual Obligations – What Are Our Legal Rights And Options?, Business Law Blog, March 25, 2020
- The Most Important Statute in B.C. Right Now (That You’ve Never Heard of), Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, March 24, 2020
- What is it Like to Practice as a Legal Research Lawyer?, CBA BC, November 29, 2021, Panelist
- CLE BC Legal Research Conference, “Legal Research in Support of Statutory Interpretation”, March 12, 2019, Co-presenter
- Lillian Wong
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5308
- Yukon Territory (2021)
- British Columbia (2017)
University of British Columbia (J.D., 2015)
University of British Columbia (B.A., Hons, 2007)