Stefanie is an associate in the Yellowknife office with a practice focused on labour and employment, civil litigation, family law, and child protection law.
Representing clients from all sectors, and from a variety of communities, within the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, Stefanie advises on all aspects of labour and employment law, including drafting, interpreting and enforcing employment contracts, termination agreements, workplace policies, workplace investigations and human rights.
As a litigator, Stefanie practices general civil litigation and child protection law, with experience representing clients in both public and private disputes as well as regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Lawson Lundell LLP, Stefanie practiced law in Toronto and Nunavut.
- Law Society of Nunavut, Member
- Law Society of Ontario, Member
- The CBA Nunavut Branch, Past treasurer and Vice President
- The Family Lawyers Association of Nunavut (FLAN), Co-Founder and Member (2018-2019)
Stefanie's experience includes:
- Acted as counsel for a high profile matrimonial dispute.
- Represented clients before the Nunavut Court of Justice with matrimonial, custodial, child and spousal support applications.
- Drafted claims and facta for civil and family matters.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Yellowknifer Publishes Article by Stefanie Laurella on Marraige Contracts, Yellowknifer, February 18, 2022
- Growing Your Small Business? Here are Five Things to Consider, North of 60 Blog, March 8, 2023
- Returning to the Workplace: Employer Obligations and Options, North of 60 Blog, March 2, 2022
- Nunavut Court Shoots Down Appeal of Caribou Hunter Acquittal, North of 60 Blog, June 10, 2020
- Proceed with Caution: Returning to the Workplace in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut During COVID-19, North of 60 Blog, May 6, 2020
- Catherine Rutland
- Legal Assistant
- T: 867.669.5512
- Northwest Territories (2019)
- Nunavut (2017)
- Ontario (2014)
- University of Windsor (J.D., 2013)
- Ryerson University (B.A., 2010)