Mark is an associate in the Kelowna-Landmark office of Lawson Lundell and a member of the Corporate Commercial and Real Estate Groups. His practice is concentrated on corporate and commercial law, commercial real estate acquisitions, divestitures, financing, leasing and development and private enterprise. Mark has extensive experience advising commercial landlords and tenants, developers, investors, brokers and lenders on complex real estate matters.
In his corporate commercial practice, Mark advises businesses, companies and non-profit organizations with respect to corporate and commercial transactions, governance, structure, financing, including debt and equity, and reorganizations.
Previously, Mark was the senior legal counsel and acting corporate secretary of a prominent private family enterprise, where he regularly advised the executive leadership team, board of directors, shareholders and trustees on all aspects of the organization’s business and operations in the commercial real estate and energy sectors and with private equity investment.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Kelowna Bar Association, Member
- Calgary Bar Association, Member
- Okanagan Mission Community Hall Association and Tennis Club, Board of Directors
- Counsel to commercial real estate holding and property management company with respect to the sale of a high-quality portfolio of industrial properties in Western Canada
- Counsel to several B.C. based real estate development companies with resect to residential and mixed-use developments, advising on the formation of various development entities, including through limited partnerships and joint ventures, financing, and development marketing activities in compliance with the Real Estate Development Marketing Act
- Counsel to Alberta and B.C. based retail, office and industrial landlords and tenants with respect to leasing matters
- Counsel to private energy company with respect to purchase and construction of oil and gas pipeline facilities in Alberta
- Counsel to private family enterprise with respect to corporate reorganization and generational transition of ownership
- Counsel to B.C. based insurance brokerage with respect to reorganization, amalgamation and private equity investment
- Counsel to Alberta based retail business with respect to sale of business and assets in B.C.
- Counsel to numerous private business operators with respect to asset and share sales in B.C.
- Diana MacDonald
- Legal Assistant
- T: 250.869.3854
- British Columbia (2021)
- Alberta (2013)
University of Calgary (LL.B., 2012)
University of Alberta (B.Comm., 2008)