Andrew practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, business and commercial law and corporate finance and securities. Andrew has experience in a variety of transactions, including share and asset acquisitions and divestitures, public and private offerings, corporate reorganizations, and various other corporate proceedings. Andrew works with public and private companies, including start-ups and entrepreneurs.
A significant portion of Andrew's practice involves advising private equity funds on fund formation and acquisitions and divestitures.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Business Law Subsection, Member
- Canadian Mental Health Association: North and West Vancouver Branch - Director, Chair of the Governance Committee
- Acted for Ziva Dynamics on its US$7 million seed financing.
- Advised BDC Capital Inc., the investment arm of Business Development Bank of Canada, in connection with its minority equity investment in Delco Automation.
- Advised Dometic Group AB on Canadian matters in respect of its USD$875 million acquisition of SeaStar Solutions from affiliates of American Securities LLC.
- Advised Highland West Capital on its equity investment in the BID Group of Companies.
- Advised Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated in connection with its acquisition of Kramer Auctions.
- Advised the shareholders of Thunderbird Marine Corp. on their sale of two marinas and associated real estate to an investment consortium led by Prospero International Realty.
- Advised Highland West Capital in its partnership arrangements with AllWest Insurance Services Ltd.
- Advised SemiosBio Technologies on multiple rounds of equity financing.
- Advised Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated in its acquisition of the remaining 49% interest in Ritchie Bros. Financial Services Ltd. from a minority shareholder group.
- Advised several retail insurance brokerage businesses on acquisitions of brokerages across British Columbia.
- Advised multiple start-ups, primarily in the technology sector, on formation and organization.
- Advised numerous companies in relation to seed, Series A, and bridge financings.
- Advised OnCore BioPharma on Canadian matters in its merger with Tekmira Pharmaceuticals, valued at US $750 million.
- Acted for a gold mining company in the public offering of US$100,000,000 of common shares on the TSX and the NYSE MKT.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Andrew Robertson Featured in Lexpert DealsWire, Lexpert, March 7, 2018
- #CubeLearn: Seed Financing in VR/AR by Lawson Lundell , BC Tech Cube, Vancouver, March 22, 2019, Co-speaker
- Reiko Adachi
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5358
- British Columbia (2014)
- Ontario (2013)
University of Toronto, (J.D., 2012)
Simon Fraser University (B.A., 2009)
Completed Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (2014)