Andrew practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and business and commercial law. He regularly represents public and private companies, private equity funds, family offices, institutional co-investors, and entrepreneurs in a variety of transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, minority and growth equity investments, and structuring and corporate governance matters.
Andrew’s transactional experience extends across a wide variety of industries, including insurance, energy, forestry, mining, manufacturing, food and beverage, and technology.
In addition to advising on transactions, Andrew provides ongoing strategic and corporate advice to clients in a variety of industries.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Business Law Subsection, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, BC Chapter – Director & Secretary
- Acted for Ziva Dynamics on its US$7 million seed financing.
- Advised BDC Capital Inc., the investment arm of Business Development Bank of Canada, in connection with its minority equity investment in Delco Automation.
- Advised Dometic Group AB on Canadian matters in respect of its USD$875 million acquisition of SeaStar Solutions from affiliates of American Securities LLC.
- Advised Highland West Capital on its equity investment in the BID Group of Companies.
- Advised Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated in connection with its acquisition of Kramer Auctions.
- Advised the shareholders of Thunderbird Marine Corp. on their sale of two marinas and associated real estate to an investment consortium led by Prospero International Realty.
- Advised Highland West Capital in its partnership arrangements with AllWest Insurance Services Ltd.
- Advised SemiosBio Technologies on multiple rounds of equity financing.
- Advised Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated in its acquisition of the remaining 49% interest in Ritchie Bros. Financial Services Ltd. from a minority shareholder group.
- Advised several retail insurance brokerage businesses on acquisitions of brokerages across British Columbia.
- Advised multiple start-ups, primarily in the technology sector, on formation and organization.
- Advised numerous companies in relation to seed, Series A, and bridge financings.
- Advised OnCore BioPharma on Canadian matters in its merger with Tekmira Pharmaceuticals, valued at US $750 million.
- Acted for a gold mining company in the public offering of US$100,000,000 of common shares on the TSX and the NYSE MKT.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Lawson Lundell Welcomes Four New Partners to the Firm, December 31, 2020
- Andrew Robertson Featured in Lexpert DealsWire, Lexpert, March 7, 2018
- Reiko Adachi
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5358
- British Columbia (2014)
- Ontario (2013)
University of Toronto, (J.D., 2012)
Simon Fraser University (B.A., 2009)
Completed Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (2014)