Andrew practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and business and commercial law. He regularly represents public and private companies, private equity funds, family offices, institutional co-investors, and entrepreneurs in a variety of transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, minority and growth equity investments, and structuring and corporate governance matters.
Andrew’s transactional experience extends across a wide variety of industries, including insurance, energy, forestry, mining, manufacturing, food and beverage, and technology.
In addition to advising on transactions, Andrew provides ongoing strategic and corporate advice to clients in a variety of industries.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Business Law Subsection, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, BC Chapter – Director & Secretary
- Advised Highland West Capital on its partnership arrangements with Pacific Coast Fruit Products.
- Advised Axis Insurance Managers on its acquisition of BMG Insurance.
- Advised BDC Capital Inc., the investment arm of Business Development Bank, on its co-investment in Monarch Industries.
- Advised BID Group Holdings on its acquisition of Smith Sawmill Service.
- Advised Westland Insurance Group on numerous acquisitions.
- Advised AllWest Insurance Services on its sale to Navacord Insurance.
- Advised Westland Insurance Group on its partnership arrangements with Blackstone Credit.
- Advised CAI Capital Partners on its acquisition of Ansan Traffic and subsequent bolt-on acquisitions.
- Advised BDC Capital Inc., the investment arm of Business Development Bank of Canada, in connection with its minority equity investment in Lube City.
- Advised Highland West Capital on its partnership arrangements with More than Just Feed Inc.
- Advised BDC Capital Inc., the investment arm of Business Development Bank of Canada, in connection with its minority equity investment in Delco Automation.
- Advised Dometic Group AB on Canadian matters in respect of its USD$875 million acquisition of SeaStar Solutions from affiliates of American Securities LLC.
- Advised Highland West Capital on its equity investment in the BID Group of Companies.
- Advised Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated in connection with its acquisition of Kramer Auctions.
- Advised the shareholders of Thunderbird Marine Corp. on their sale of two marinas and associated real estate to an investment consortium led by Prospero International Realty.
- Advised Highland West Capital in its partnership arrangements with AllWest Insurance Services Ltd.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Lawson Lundell Welcomes Four New Partners to the Firm, December 31, 2020
- Andrew Robertson Featured in Lexpert DealsWire, Lexpert, March 7, 2018
- Reiko Adachi
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5358
- British Columbia (2014)
- Ontario (2013)
University of Toronto, (J.D., 2012)
Simon Fraser University (B.A., 2009)
Completed Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (2014)