Alexis Teasdale is a partner in the Calgary office of Lawson Lundell LLP. Her practice focuses on insolvency and restructuring, and general corporate commercial litigation with a particular emphasis in debtor-creditor matters, foreclosures, disputes involving real property and leasing, and municipal tax assessment matters.
Alexis’ restructuring and insolvency experience includes assisting clients in a broad range of industries who are experiencing financial difficulty to effectively and efficiently restructure or wind-up their affairs. She has assisted debtors of all sizes, from individuals to complex corporate groups, and also has significant experience representing licensed insolvency and restructuring professionals including monitors, receivers and trustees.
Additionally, Alexis represents secured and unsecured creditors in various types of insolvency proceedings and commercial litigation matters. Among other matters, she has experience with fraudulent preferences and conveyances, foreclosures, and civil enforcement proceedings.
In real property disputes and municipal tax matters, Alexis has represented commercial tenants and landlords, landowners, tax agents, and developers with a range of matters, including lease disputes and representing clients before municipal assessment review boards, subdivision and development appeal boards, and in judicial review matters of these municipal boards before the Alberta courts.
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Louise Dean Centre, Legal Advice Clinic, Advisor and Supervisor
- Lindsay Park Sports Society, Chair of the Board of Governors, (Governor since 2015)
- Co-counsel for the primary secured creditor in the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act proceedings and subsequent receivership proceedings of a number of private Canadian resource companies.
- Lead counsel for a creditor in the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act proceedings of Cequence Energy Ltd.
- Lead counsel for a creditor in the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act proceedings of Bellatrix Exploration Ltd.
- Co-counsel for the Applicants in complex Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act proceedings involving more than 30 affiliated entities involved in real property development and investment on a national and international scale.
- Lead counsel to Hardie & Kelly Inc. as Interim Receiver and Trustee in Bankruptcy of an internet-based technology company.
- Lead litigation counsel for a construction company in a complex and highly contested contractual interpretation dispute involving a share purchase agreement and related lease.
- Co-counsel to the holders of $85 million of convertible debentures in the receivership proceedings of Twin Butte Energy Ltd.
- Co-counsel in the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act proceedings of the Sanjel group of companies.
- Lead counsel to a debtor technology company in complex proposal proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
- Lead counsel on numerous actions and assessment review board matters on behalf of property tax agents, appearing before municipal assessment review boards for property tax review hearings and related procedural hearings, and handling numerous court actions for leave to appeal and judicial review of assessment review board decisions.
- Lead counsel for a landowner before the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board regarding a dispute with a neighbouring landowner.
- Lead counsel for a Canadian national bank overseeing numerous residential and commercial foreclosure actions.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Lawson Lundell Welcomes New Partner Alexis Teasdale to the Firm, October 26, 2020
- Rachel Dingman
- Legal Assistant
- T: 403.218.7558
- Alberta (2007)
University of British Columbia (LL.B., 2006)