Contract Law Update 2012: Developments of Note
This paper discusses contract law issues including decisions of relevance to commercial lawyers and business leaders giving a snapshot of particular principles of interest that arose in case law over the past 12 months.
This year's topics include:
- Acceptance by conduct;
- Privity of contract and third party beneficiaries;
- Implied terms;
- Enforceability of exculpatory clauses - update on the application of the Tercon test by lower courts;
- Electronic transactions and computer contracts;
- Statutory illegality; and
- Liquidated damages clauses.
To read the full article, click here.