2nd Annual Northeast BC Natural Gas Summit
Unconventional natural gas production from Northeast British Columbia represents a unique opportunity for Canada to further diversify its economy and establish itself as a significant, independent player in the North American natural gas industry. This conference will explore recent technological developments, what markets the gas industry can hope to penetrate, the policies B.C is establishing to encourage development and the efforts that are being made to provide key infrastructure.
Chris Sanderson, Q.C. and Lewis Manning are the program chairs for this conference. Brad Armstrong, Q.C. and Chris Sanderson, Q.C. will lead a workshop on BC legal issues. They will discuss the following topics:
- The Clean Energy Act
- Equivalency of federal and provincial review processes
- Developments in consultation obligations: current Supreme Court of Canada cases and best consultation practices
- Treaty v. non treaty and recent examples to illustrate how BC's practice may be different from Alberta
Other topics to be discussed at this conference include:
- Success and challenges for exploration and development of BC's shale gas
- Shale gas offshore markets and LNG opportunities
- Maintaining a competitive fiscal and regulatory regime
- Balancing BC's natural gas growth while reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Carbon management opportunities
- Newest developments in connecting gas supplies to markets
This conference takes place on September 29-30, 2010 in Calgary, Alberta.
For more information or to register please visit Insight.