36 Lawson Lundell Lawyers Recognized Across 15 Practice Areas in Chambers Canada 2022
Lawson Lundell LLP is pleased to announce that the latest edition of Chambers Canada has recognized 36 of our lawyers across 15 practice areas for their professional excellence, deep sector knowledge and effective client representation.
Additionally, the Firm achieved 13 practice area rankings, with Band 1 rankings in Aboriginal Law, and General Business Law (Northern Canada and Arctic).
The Firm was also named Regional Law Firm of the Year and Sheila MacPherson was honoured with an outstanding contribution award for her impact on the legal profession in Northern Canada.
Please join us in congratulating the full list of ranked lawyers included below and, in particular, the following three individuals who are newly recognized this year:
- Stuart Breen for Energy & Natural Resources: Mining – Nationwide
- Megan Kaneen for Pensions & Benefits – Nationwide
- Tim Syer for General Business Law – Northern Canada and Arctic
Seven of our lawyers are also ranked as Band 1 in their respective practice areas:
- Keith Bergner - Ranked Band 1 in Aboriginal Law – Nationwide
- John Olynyk - Ranked Band 1 in Aboriginal Law – Nationwide
- David Allard - Ranked Band 1 in Corporate/Commercial – British Columbia
- Jeff Christian - Ranked Band 1 in Energy: Power (Regulatory) – Nationwide
- Brad Armstrong - Ranked Band 1 in Environment – Nationwide
- Sheila MacPherson - Ranked Band 1 in General Business Law – Northern Canada and Arctic
- Murray Campbell - Ranked Band 1 in Pensions & Benefits – Nationwide
Here is the full list of our lawyers’ rankings:
Aboriginal Law (Nationwide – Canada)
Agribusiness: Forestry (Nationwide – Canada)
Corporate/Commercial (British Columbia)
Employment & Labour (British Columbia)
Energy & Natural Resources: Mining (Nationwide - Canada)
Energy & Natural Resources: Mining: Development and Operations (Nationwide - Canada)
Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional) (Nationwide - Canada)
Energy: Power (Regulatory) (Nationwide – Canada)
Environment (Nationwide - Canada)
General Business Law (Northern Canada and Arctic)
Litigation: General Commercial (Alberta)
Litigation: General Commercial (British Columbia)
Pensions & Benefits (Nationwide – Canada)
Real Estate (British Columbia)
Tax (Nationwide – Canada)
To access the full online Chambers Canada 2022 guide, please click here.
Each year, Lawson Lundell submits to Chambers & Partners, a ranking organization that evaluates our practice groups and lawyers based on client feedback and our written submission. Since 1999, Chambers has been researching the legal markets of over 180 countries, identifying the leading lawyers and law firms worldwide through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients. Chambers’ reputation is based on the independence and objectivity of its research.