Contract Law Update: Developments of Note
9.3.22 | 12:00 PM (PST)
Join us on Wednesday, March 9, as Lisa Peters, Q.C., delivers her annual update on contract law cases of interest to commercial practitioners. This year's topics will include:
- Pre-incorporation contracts outside the remedial provisions of business corporations statutes;
- Interpreting releases – the SCC puts the final stake through the Blackmore rule;
- Perpetual contracts vs. contracts for an indefinite term terminable on reasonable notice;
- Unconscionability post-Uber Technologies Inc. v. Heller;
- Non est factum – a reminder of its limitations as a defence;
- This year’s boilerplate – “no waiver” clauses;
- Good faith duties in contract law – what’s new in 2021?; and
- Update on implied contracts.
To register, please click here.
For British Columbia lawyers, the webinar will qualify for up to 1.5 hours of CPD credits from the Law Society of British Columbia.
For Alberta lawyers, consider including this course as a CPD learning activity in your annual Continuing Professional Development Plan.