Sarah is an associate in Lawson Lundell’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group, where she advises and acts for clients in a wide range of commercial disputes. Sarah has experience representing clients in litigation involving complex contractual claims, securities actions, cross-border disputes, and administrative law matters, and has a particular interest in appellate advocacy. Sarah has appeared as counsel before all levels of court in British Columbia and various administrative tribunals.
Sarah obtained her J.D. from the Peter A. Allard School of Law, where she was the recipient of several awards based on academic excellence and oral advocacy. She played varsity soccer while completing her undergraduate studies and captured back-to-back national championships.
Sarah started with Lawson Lundell as a summer student in 2017 and joined the firm as an associate following the completion of her articles in 2019.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- The Advocates’ Society, Member
- Metro Women’s Soccer League, Director
Recognitions & Rankings
Recognitions & Rankings
- Peter A. Allard School of Law, Class of 2018 – Valedictorian
- Peter Burns Mock Trial Competition – Best Jury Address
- Gerald Donegan, Q.C. Prize in Canadian Constitutional Law
- Winner of the 2019 “BGuiled Debate”, emphasizing the use of humour and wit in advocacy in memory of Robert H. Guile, Q.C.
- 2010-2014 Canadian Interuniversity Sport Academic All-Canadian
- Poonian v. British Columbia (Securities Commission), 2022 BCCA 274
- British Columbia (Securities Commission) v. Liao, 2021 BCCA 470
- Poonian v. British Columbia (Securities Commission), 2021 BCCA 417
- Genex Strategies Inc. v. Keefer, 2021 BCSC 2223
- The Trustees of the BC Transit Employees’ Health and Benefit Trust v. Enkelmann, 2021 BCSC 11
- Globalnet Management Solutions Inc. v. Aviva Insurance Company, 2020 BCSC 1361
- Coquitlam (City) v. British Columbia Utilities Commission, 2020 BCCA 289
- Khan v. Savino, 2020 BCSC 82
- Opus Consulting Group Ltd. v. Ardenton Capital Corporation, 2019 BCSC 1847
News & Publications
- When is a Dismissal not a Dismissal? Court of Appeal Clarifies Limited Entitlement to Enforce Undertaking for Damages, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, May 26, 2020
- Teri Stevens
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5362
- British Columbia (2019)
- University of British Columbia (J.D., 2018)
- Trinity Western University (B.A., 2014)