As an associate in the Real Estate and the Banking and Debt Financing Groups, Scott assists clients with all aspects of real estate development, commercial real estate transactions, commercial leasing, municipal planning, as well as corporate and commercial transactions involving both banks (including Canadian chartered banks and other institutional lenders) and private lenders.
Scott graduated from Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law in 2011. He started with Lawson Lundell as a summer student in 2010 and joined the firm as an associate following the completion of his articles in 2012.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Vancouver Real Property Subsection, Member
- Urban Development Institute, Member
Scott has experience:
- Acting for major developers of multi-family residential and mixed-use developments including drafting offers to purchase, drafting purchase and sale agreements, ensuring developer compliance with the requirements of the Real Estate Development Marketing Act, drafting and negotiating covenants, rights of way, easements and building schemes to be registered in the Land Title Office.
- Acting for the landlord of a large portfolio of retail properties including lease reviews and drafting and negotiating commercial leases, renewals, subleases and assignments.
- Acting on commercial real estate transactions for vendors and purchasers of substantial real estate assets, including: development sites, contaminated sites, retail properties, retirement homes and hotels. Advising on due diligence, purchase and sale agreements, corporate structuring and limited partnership agreements.
- Acting for borrowers of corporate and commercial loans.
- Structuring and documentation of credit facilities, secured transactions and syndicated loan transactions, including real estate and construction finance, project finance, asset based lending and restructuring transactions.
- Carrying out legal research for all manner of real estate, banking and finance related issues.
News & Publications
- 做好准备：如何限制房地产贷款担保人的风险敞口, 新闻中心 , February 11, 2019
- Buckle Up: How Guarantors of Real Estate Loans can Limit their Exposure, Real Estate Law Blog, February 7, 2019
- 如何在24个月内失去了你的按揭抵押, 新闻中心 , March 2, 2018
- City of Vancouver Issues Standard Form Letter of Credit Policy, Real Estate Law Blog, November 2, 2016
- Offers to Lease: How to avoid getting more (or less) than you bargained for, Real Estate Law Blog, February 26, 2015
- Kayleigh Slattery
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5375
- British Columbia (2012)
Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law (J.D., 2011)
Trinity Western University (B.A. (Honours) History, 2005)