Scott is a partner in the Vancouver office of Lawson Lundell and a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Banking & Debt Financing Groups. Scott has been practicing real estate law for over a decade and assists his clients with all aspects of commercial and residential (purpose built rental and strata) real estate developments. This includes REDMA compliance and municipal approvals and entitlements; commercial real estate transactions, including development sites, land assemblies, income producing properties, strata wind ups and advance sales of projects for which construction has not completed; both the landlord and tenant side of retail, office and industrial leasing as well as long term ground leases and leasehold title-related issues; as well as lender and borrower side work for all manner of real estate-related financing.
Scott also advises clients on corporate structuring for real estate developments and investments as well as the various agreements necessary at each stage of the project cycle (for instance, development management, construction management and property management agreements).
Scott’s clients include public and private companies, not-for-profits and crown corporations. His key clients include: Wall Financial Corporation, The Molnar Group, BC Housing, and Sightline Developments.
He is recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada for Real Estate Law.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Vancouver Real Property Subsection, Member
- Urban Development Institute, Member
Recognitions & Rankings
Recognitions & Rankings
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2024: recognised for Real Estate Law
- Acritas Stars 2020-2021
Scott has experience:
- Acting for major developers of multi-family residential and mixed-use developments including drafting offers to purchase, drafting purchase and sale agreements, ensuring developer compliance with the requirements of the Real Estate Development Marketing Act, drafting and negotiating covenants, rights of way, easements and building schemes to be registered in the Land Title Office.
- Acting for the landlord of a large portfolio of retail properties including lease reviews and drafting and negotiating commercial leases, renewals, subleases and assignments.
- Acting on commercial real estate transactions for vendors and purchasers of substantial real estate assets, including: development sites, contaminated sites, retail properties, retirement homes and hotels. Advising on due diligence, purchase and sale agreements, corporate structuring and limited partnership agreements.
- Acting for borrowers of corporate and commercial loans.
- Structuring and documentation of credit facilities, secured transactions and syndicated loan transactions, including real estate and construction finance, project finance, asset based lending and restructuring transactions.
- Carrying out legal research for all manner of real estate, banking and finance related issues.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- 75 Lawson Lundell Lawyers Recognised Across 34 Practice Areas in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2024, Best Lawyers in Canada, August 24, 2023
- 70 Lawson Lundell Lawyers Recognized Across 37 Practice Areas in the Best Lawyers in Canada 2023 , Best Lawyers in Canada, August 25, 2022
- Acritas Recognises 19 Lawson Lundell Professionals as "Star Lawyers", Acritas Stars, March 8, 2021
- British Columbia Real Estate Practice Manual 2019 - 2020: Chapter 9 - Undertakings in Real Estate Transactions, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, Spring 2020, Author
- Acritas Recognises Lawson Lundell Professionals as "Star Lawyers" , Acritas Stars, April 17, 2020
- Lawson Lundell Welcomes Seven New Partners, January 2, 2020
- Amendment to City of Vancouver Parking Bylaw Affects Strata-Titled Accessible Parking, Real Estate Law Blog, May 1, 2023
- 做好准备：如何限制房地产贷款担保人的风险敞口, 新闻中心 , February 11, 2019
- Buckle Up: How Guarantors of Real Estate Loans can Limit their Exposure, Real Estate Law Blog, February 7, 2019
- 如何在24个月内失去了你的按揭抵押, 新闻中心 , March 2, 2018
- City of Vancouver Issues Standard Form Letter of Credit Policy, Real Estate Law Blog, November 2, 2016
- Offers to Lease: How to avoid getting more (or less) than you bargained for, Real Estate Law Blog, February 26, 2015
- Kayleigh Slattery
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5375
- British Columbia (2012)
Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law (J.D., 2011)
Trinity Western University (B.A. (Honours) History, 2005)