"I am excited to join Lawson Lundell’s incredible team of lawyers in Vancouver! I look forward to meeting new clients and colleagues while I continue to grow my litigation practice."
Rachel is an associate in the Vancouver office of Lawson Lundell and a member of the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group. Her practice focuses on commercial litigation. Rachel has experience with commercial arbitrations, contractual disputes, employment and shareholder disputes, and a variety of corporate liability disputes. Rachel also has experience with fraud-related matters, and occupational health and safety investigations and defence.
Prior to joining Lawson Lundell, Rachel was an associate at a full-service national firm in Calgary where she practised in corporate commercial litigation and compliance.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Achieved positive results for clients during multiparty mediation relating to alleged breaches of a purchase and sale agreement and lease agreement
- Successfully negotiated various settlements and releases with opposing counsel
- Represented clients in a variety of commercial matters including a financial institution accused of fraud, breach of trust and breach of its standard of care, former directors and shareholders accused of fraudulent dealings, former employees accused of breaches of restrictive covenants and clients engaged in various contractual disputes relating to negligent performance of duties, nonpayment of royalties and other debts
- Conducted investigations with respect to a broad range of alleged corporate wrongdoing, including bribery and improper payments to foreign officials, conflicts of interest of senior employees and directors, breaches of corporate policies, security offences and charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Conducted an investigation on a pro bono basis on behalf of a charity that had been defrauded by its treasurer
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Fighting Against Forced Labour and Child Labour in Supply Chains Act, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, May 11, 2023
- Azadeh Samimi
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5402
- British Columbia (2023)
- Alberta (2020)
University of Victoria (J.D., 2019)
University of the Fraser Valley (B.A., Criminal Justice, 2015, with distinction)