Nicholas is a member of the Real Estate Group at Lawson Lundell and assists clients with all aspects of real estate development, commercial leasing and municipal planning. In particular, Nicholas has experience assisting developers in the rezoning and subdivision of development properties, acting for developers in connection with the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, advising tenants and landlords in lease preparation for industrial, retail and office leasing transactions, and assisting developers in the establishment of corporate structures appropriate for various real estate transactions, including the formation of limited partnerships, and bare trusts.
Nicholas graduated from the UBC Faculty of Law in 2014 and joined the firm as an articled student in the same year.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Urban Development Institute (UDI), Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- Editor and Frequent Contributor to Lawson Lundell’s Real Estate Law Blog
- Assisting clients with the acquisition and disposition of commercial and industrial investment properties.
- Advising clients in a variety of general corporate and commercial matters, including the acquisition of businesses, preparation and negotiation of shareholder's agreements and limited partnership agreements.
- Acting for several BC-based developers in respect to various residential and mixed-use developments, advising on the organization and formation of various development entities, rezoning and municipal matters, financing, pre-sale purchaser documentation in compliance with the Real Estate Development Marketing Act, and conveyance of completed strata lots to individual purchasers.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Information About Our Experience with Strata Corporation Wind Ups, Annual, to date
- Nicholas Shon and Andrew Mildenhall article published in the Lawyer's Daily, The Lawyer's Daily, November 17, 2017, Co-Authors
- BC Budget 2018 – Real Estate Highlights, Real Estate Law Blog, February 20, 2018
- 2018年BC省预算案——房地产行业聚焦, 新闻中心 , February 20, 2018
- British Columbia Aims to Reduce Use of Vacate Clauses in Residential Tenancy Agreements, Real Estate Law Blog, November 2, 2017
- BC Government Enacts New Exemption and Refunds For Foreign Entity Tax, Real Estate Law Blog, March 27, 2017
- BC Government Pushes Towards Foreign Ownership Restrictions on Agricultural Reserve Land With Bill M-205, Real Estate Law Blog, March 3, 2017
- The 2016/17 British Columbia Budget’s impact on Commercial Real Estate Transactions, Real Estate Law Blog, February 19, 2016
- Cancelling Charges under Section 35 of the Property Law Act – Don’t Count On It, Real Estate Law Blog, December 2, 2015