Jason's practice focuses on Western Canada land and oil and gas law and is an active law society member in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Jason has assisted clients in a wide range of land projects in Western Canada and has extensive knowledge and experience with the operation of Land Registry's having previously acted as In-House Counsel to the Saskatchewan Registrar of Titles with the Information Services Corporation.
Jason regularly acts for one of Canada's largest railways and has been lead counsel for hundreds of land acquisitions and dispositions in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia.
In the energy and oil and gas law area Jason provides legal services to energy, oil and gas and pipeline companies of all sizes both domestic and international with operations in Western Canada and assists in upstream exploration and drilling, and midstream pipeline companies with the acquisition and divestiture of assets, including sale agreement preparation, title review due diligence, freehold lease pre-drilling opinions, tenure confirmation, unit opinions, drafting and interpreting of energy and oil and gas agreements, rectification of title issues, offset analysis and enforcement and day to day operational issues.
Related to his land and oil and gas practice Jason also assists land companies, beneficiaries and freehold landowners with the administration of complex estates, and title rectifications, in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Law Society of Alberta, Active Member
- Law Society of Saskatchewan, Active Member
- Laws Society of Manitoba, Active Member
- Calgary Bar Association, Natural Resources Subsection Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Energy Law Foundation, Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Member
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Land Administration (CAPLA), General Counsel
- Legal support to a major upstream oil and gas company on a 1 billion dollar horizontal well project in the Province of Manitoba and Saskatchewan including the preparation of hundreds of pre-drilling horizontal well and unit opinions
- Advising a start‑up oil and gas company in the acquisition of oil and gas assets in the Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- Advising numerous midsize and large oil and gas company on day to day operational matters in the Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- Counsel on numerous oil and gas acquisition and divestiture due diligence projects, including title opinions and conveyance documentation, in respect of oil and gas assets in the Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- Counsel to a large federally regulated railway providing advice on railway expansion, construction project development, regulatory compliance and real property acquisitions and divestitures
- Counsel to major energy trust obtaining a court order transferring hundreds of mineral titles from dissolved predecessor companies
- Counsel to midstream pipeline company advising on sale of assets and operational issues
- Counsel to Saskatchewan Registrar of Titles with the Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan including providing opinions on assurance claims pursuant to The Land Titles Act (2000)
- Amira Ajib (Paralegal) | Rita Astorino
- Legal Assistant
- T: 403.218.7523 | 403.218.7528
- email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saskatchewan (2001)
- Alberta (2006)
- Manitoba (2019)
University of Saskatchewan (J.D., 2000)
University of Regina (B.A., 1996)