Recognition / Rankings
Lawson Lundell and our lawyers are consistently recognized as leaders in business law or specialized practice areas by the most respected national and international legal and business publications. Our recognitions and rankings in major publications are as follows.
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2017
The annual Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, published since 1997, is the most comprehensive guide to legal talent in Canada. It identifies leading lawyers across Canada in 63 practice areas.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized as a leading firm in Aboriginal Law, Banking & Financial Institutions, Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Finance & Securities, Energy (Electricity and Oil & Gas), Environmental Law, Franchise Law, Labour Relations, Litigation (Corporate Commercial), Mergers & Acquisitions, Mining, Pensions & Employee Benefits, and Property Development.
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Asset-Based Lending, Banking & Financial Institutions, Corporate Law (Commercial, Mid-Market, Finance & Securities, Tax), Employment Law, Energy (Electricity and Oil & Gas), Environmental, Labour Relations, Litigation (Corporate Commercial), Mergers & Acquisitions, Mining, Property Development, Property Leasing, Pensions & Employee Benefits, Workplace Human Rights and Technology Transactions.
- 29 lawyers recognized.
- Chambers Global 2017
Chambers Global ranks the leading law firm and lawyers worldwide, covering over 190 countries across the world and also includes Region-wide and Global-wide sections.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized for: Aboriginal, Employment & Labour, Energy & Natural Resources: Mining, Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional), Energy: Power (Regulatory), Environment, Pensions & Benefits, and Projects & Energy.
- 12 lawyers recognized.
- Chambers Canada 2017
Chambers Canada ranks the leading law firms and lawyers in all provinces and territories in Canada.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized for: Aboriginal (Nationwide - Canada), Dispute Resolution (British Columbia), Employment & Labour (British Columbia) and Employment & Labour (Nationwide - Canada), Energy & Natural Resources: Mining (Canada), Energy: Power (Regulatory) (Canada), Environment (Nationwide - Canada), General Business Law (Northern Canada and Arctic), Pensions & Benefits (Canada), Corporate/Commercial (British Columbia), Energy: Power (Transactional) (Canada), Real Estate (British Columbia) and Real Estate (Nationwide - Canada).
- 25 lawyers recognized.
- Legal 500 Canada 2017
Published for over twenty years, the Legal 500 Series provides comprehensive worldwide coverage on legal services providers in over 100 countries. It is used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, CFOs and professional advisers - as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally.
- Lawson Lundell has been recommended in the following 7 practice areas: Dispute resolution (British Columbia), Energy (Mining), Energy (Oil and gas), Energy (Power), Environment, Labour and Employment, and Real Estate.
- Our lawyers are listed in elite "Leading lawyers" list. The Legal 500 Canada 2017's guide to outstanding lawyers nationwide and recognized in the areas of: Energy (Power), Energy (Mining) Environment and Labour and Employment.
- Our lawyers are recommended in the editorial in the areas of: Dispute resolution, Energy (Mining), Energy (Oil and gas), Energy (Power), Environment, Labour and Employment, and Real Estate.
- 14 lawyers recognized or recommended.
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2017
The Best Lawyers in Canada® compiles lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. A listing in Best Lawyers® is widely regarded within the legal profession as a signal honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
- In British Columbia, we are top-listed in Banking and Finance, Employee Benefits and Energy Regulatory Law.
- 42 of our lawyers are recognized in 29 practice areas.
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Aboriginal Law, Administrative and Public Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance Law, Class Action Litigation, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Corporate Governance Practice, Corporate Law, Defamation and Media Law, Employee Benefits Law, Energy Law, Energy Regulatory Law, Environmental Law, Family Law, Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, Labour and Employment Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Mining Law, Natural Resources Law, Personal Injury Litigation, Private Funds Law, Product Liability Law, Project Finance Law, Public Procurement Law, Real Estate Law, Securities Law, Tax Law and Technology Law.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2016
Benchmark Canada focuses exclusively on litigation in Canada. Their rankings and editorials are divided on a provincial basis. The guide's results are the culmination of a four-month research period that allows researchers to conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients.
- Lawson Lundell is recommended in British Columbia for litigation in the following areas: Aboriginal Law, Class Action Law, Defamation Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law, Environmental Law, Estate Law, General Commercial Law, Insolvency Law, Insurance Law, Intellectual Property Law, Labour and Employment Law, Media and Entertainment Law, Product Liability Law, Public Law, Securities Law and Tax Law.
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2015.
- Lawson Lundell named British Columbia Firm of the Year in Litigation at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2014.
- Keith Bergner named Aboriginal Law Litigator of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013 and 2014.
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013.
- 16 lawyers recognized.
- Canadian Lawyer Magazine
Canadian Lawyer Magazine is Canada’s first and foremost award-winning publication of Canadian law. ‘Canadian Lawyer’ has ranked the top 10 Canadian law firms in their respective regions. The rankings are based on regional service coverage, client base, notable mandates, service excellence, and legal expertise.
- Lawson Lundell is ranked the #1 regional law firm in B.C., Alberta and the North (2010-2016)
- Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory 2015
- Who's Who Legal 2016
Since 1996 Who's Who Legal has identified the foremost legal practitioners in 30 areas of business law. In total, they feature over 9,000 of the World’s leading private practice lawyers from over 100 national jurisdictions.
- Who's Who Legal Canada recommends Lawson Lundell for Mining, Energy, Environmental and Labour, Employment & Benefits.
- 9 lawyers recognized.