Recognition / Rankings
Lawson Lundell and our lawyers are consistently recognized as leaders in business law or specialized practice areas by the most respected national and international legal and business publications. Our recognitions and rankings in major publications are as follows.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2013
Benchmark Canada focuses exclusively on litigation in Canada. Their rankings and editorials are divided on a provincial basis. The guide's results are the culmination of a four-month research period that allows researchers to conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients.
- Lawson Lundell is recommended in British Columbia for litigation in the following areas: Aboriginal Law, Class Actions, Commercial Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law, Environmental Law, Insurance Law, Labour and Employment, Product Liability, Public Law and Securities Law
- Lawson Lundell named Energy/Resource Litigation Firm of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013
- Keith Bergner named Aboriginal Law Litigator of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards 2013
- 8 lawyers recognized
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2013
The Best Lawyers in Canada® compiles lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. A listing in Best Lawyers® is widely regarded within the legal profession as a signal honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
- 32 of our lawyers are recognized in 19 practice areas. In Canada, we are top-listed in Aboriginal Law. In Vancouver, BC we are top-listed in Banking and Finance, Employee Benefits, and Energy Regulatory Law. In Calgary, AB we are top-listed in Aboriginal Law. In Yellowknife, NT we are top-listed in Personal Injury Litigation.
- Canadian Lawyer Magazine
Canadian Lawyer Magazine is Canada’s first and foremost award-winning publication of Canadian law. ‘Canadian Lawyer’ has ranked the top 10 law firms in Canada for 2012, in their respective regions. The rankings are based on regional service coverage, client base, notable mandates, service excellence, and legal expertise.
- Lawson Lundell is ranked the #1 regional law firm in B.C., Alberta and the North for 2012
- Chambers & Partners 2013
Chambers Global ranks the leading law firms and lawyers worldwide, covering more than 160 countries.
- Lawson Lundell is recognized for: Aboriginal, Dispute Resolution (British Columbia), Employment & Labour, Energy & Natural Resources: Mining (Canada), Energy: Power (Regulatory) (Canada), Environment, Pensions & Benefits, Projects: Mining: Leading Canadian Firms (Latin America-wide) and Real Estate
- 13 lawyers recognized
- Lexpert / American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada 2013
The Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, published since 1997, is the most comprehensive guide to legal talent in Canada. It identifies the most frequently recommended lawyers across Canada in 39 practice areas.
Lawson Lundell is ranked one of the top firms in Vancouver for Corporate Law and Labour Relations & Pensions (Management). Lawson Lundell is also recommended in Vancouver for Tax.
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Corporate Commercial, Energy (Electricity), Mining, Pensions & Employee Benefits
- 5 lawyers recognized
- Lexpert Directory 2012
The annual Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, published since 1997, is the most comprehensive guide to legal talent in Canada. It identifies leading lawyers across Canada in 64 practice areas.
- Lawson Lundell is ranked one of the top three Corporate firms in Vancouver and is recommended for Corporate Transactions, Corporate Finance and Securities, Energy (Electricity), Environmental, Labour Relations, Mergers & Acquisitions, Pension and Employee Benefits, Property Development.
- Our lawyers are recognized in the areas of: Aboriginal, Banking, Corporate (Commercial, Mid-Market, Finance & Securities, Tax), Employment (Management), Energy (Electricity, Oil & Gas), Environmental, Franchising, Insolvency & Financial Restructuring, Labour Relations (Management), Mergers & Acquisitions, Mining, Property Development, Pensions & Employee Benefits and Workplace Human Rights
- 21 lawyers recognized
- Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory 2013
- Who's Who Legal 2013
Since 1996 Who's Who Legal has identified the foremost legal practitioners in 30 areas of business law. In total, they feature over 9,000 of the World’s leading private practice lawyers from over 100 national jurisdictions.
- Who's Who Legal Canada recommends Lawson Lundell for Mining, Oil and Gas, Environmental, Capital Markets and Management Labour and Employment.