"I chose to work at Lawson Lundell LLP because of the firm’s emphasis on mentorship. Lawson is committed to providing students with excellent opportunities to challenge them and help them grow."
Sophia Ma is an associate in Lawson Lundell’s Pensions and Employee Benefits Group. She works with senior legal counsel to advise plan sponsors and administrators on legal matters regarding pension and benefits plans. She also interprets and amends plan texts and trust documents and prepares legal opinions in respect of legislative, common law and governance principles.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers, Member
News & Publications
- New Employment Standards Leaves for COVID-19 & Their Impact on Pension & Benefit Plans, Labour and Employment Law Blog, April 9, 2020
- COVID-19 Measures Taken by Pension Regulators Across Canada Bulletin, Labour and Employment Law Blog, April 9, 2020