Özge is an associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group, where she practices general civil and commercial litigation. She has appeared as lead counsel at all levels of court in British Columbia.
Özge has experience assisting clients in breach of contract claims, real estate disputes, corporate disputes, and commercial arbitrations.
Özge graduated from the Peter A. Allard School of Law, where she received multiple awards for academic excellence and international experience. During law school, she competed in the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria. Prior to articling with Lawson Lundell, she did an internship at a boutique international arbitration firm in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Özge is an ironman triathlete and a cyclist. She speaks Turkish, German, and Dutch.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP), Member
- Vis East International Commercial Arbitration Moot 2022, Arbitrator
- Allard School of Law Vis Moot Team 2019, Coach
- HUB Cycling, Director
- Access Pro Bono Civil Chambers Program, Volunteer
- First Half Half Marathon, Pacer
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Lawson Lundell Welcomes New Associate Özge Yazar to the Firm, November 6, 2020
- VanIAC’s New International Arbitration Rules: What You Need to Know, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, July 5, 2022
- Supreme Court of Canada Finds Federal Act on Greenhouse Gas Pricing Constitutional, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, April 1, 2021
- Arbitration Trifecta Complete: Renamed Vancouver International Arbitration Centre Updates Rules to Go With New Act, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, September 16, 2020
- What Does the Heller v. Uber Case Mean for Employers?, Labour and Employment Law Blog, July 27, 2020
- British Columbia Remote Hearings During COVID-19 – Procedure and Practical Tips!, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, June 24, 2020
- Eligibility Criteria for The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, Labour and Employment Law Blog, April 9, 2020
- Attention Alberta Employers: Temporary Changes to Employment Standards Legislation, Labour and Employment Law Blog, April 8, 2020
- Patti Lewis
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.631.9289
- British Columbia (2020)
- University of British Columbia (J.D., 2019)
- Bogazici University (B.A. Econ. summa cum laude, 2016)