“I chose to work at Lawson Lundell because of the firm’s reputation as a leading law firm and the opportunity to work with the firm’s diverse clientele.”
Noor is an associate in the Insolvency and Restructuring Group in Lawson Lundell’s Vancouver office. Noor advises some of Canada’s largest financial institutions on a wide variety of matters including secured lending, debt restructuring, reorganizations and receiverships.
Noor assists clients in numerous industries on matters arising from the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act, including corporate restructurings, secured claims and priority disputes. Additionally, Noor has experience advising on cross-border insolvency and transactional matters. Noor has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court and Court of Appeal as counsel in restructuring and insolvency matters.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- South Asian Bar Association of British Columbia, Member
- Represented Bank of Montreal in relation to proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act commenced by the Joseph Richards Group.
- Represented a secured creditor in the receivership proceedings of Skeena Sawmills.
- Represented PricewaterhouseCoopers in its capacity as receiver of Minto Metals.
- Represented Institutional Mortgage Capital Canada Inc. in receivership proceedings relating to a mixed use commercial development in Vancouver.
- Represented Bank of Montreal in relation to proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act commenced by the Donnelly Group.
- Represented an institutional lender in the competition and sale of a mixed-use commercial and industrial development.
- Represented The Bowra Group Inc., as trustee, in the restructuring of SNFW Fitness Ltd., and its affiliated brands Steve Nash Fitness World, Crunch Fitness and UFC Gyms.
- Represented Bank of Montreal in the completion and sale of a winery.
- Represented an institutional lender in the completion and sale of an insolvent multi-unit condominium development.
- Pro Bono Student at the Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Insolvency Insider Features Successful Lawson Lundell Matter in its 'From the Courts' Newsletter, Insolvency Insider, September 12, 2022
- Lawson Lundell Welcomes Noor Mann to the Firm, May 27, 2020
- IP Deadlines Amidst COVID-19, April 2, 2020, Author
- Reverse Gear: Supreme Court of British Columbia Provides Guidance on Reverse Vesting Orders in Insolvency Proceedings, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, July 27, 2023
- Creditors, the Crown, and the CCAA: The Supreme Court of Canada Comments on Complex Commercial Reorganizations, Business Law Blog, October 5, 2021
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency – New Reporting Requirements for Lands Used for Specified Industrial or Commercial Activities, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, January 24, 2021
- 贷款人要当心：有担保的债权人可能要对借款人的欠税负责 , 新闻中心 , July 8, 2020
- Lender Beware: Secured Creditors May be Responsible for a Borrower’s Tax Debt, Business Law Blog, July 7, 2020
- 不列颠哥伦比亚省允许电子出席公司会议 , 新闻中心 , April 24, 2020
- British Columbia Allows Electronic Attendance at Corporate Meetings, Business Law Blog, April 23, 2020
- CLE BC Course, "Working with the PPSA 2022: A Primer," June 1, 2022, Course Materials Contributor
- Nika Vikhrova
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5314
- British Columbia (2020)
- University of Saskatchewan (J.D., 2019)
- Simon Fraser University (B.A., 2015)