“I chose to work at Lawson Lundell because of the firm’s reputation as a leading law firm and the opportunity to work with the firm’s diverse clientele.”
Noor is an associate in the Insolvency and Restructuring Group in Lawson Lundell’s Vancouver office. Noor advises Canadian banks and other institutional lenders on a wide variety of matters including lending, debt restructuring, security realization and receiverships.
Noor assists creditors and trustees on matters arising from the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, including secured claims and priority issues. Additionally, Noor has experience advising on corporate restructurings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act in Canada, as well cross-border insolvency and transactional matters. Noor has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court and Court of Appeal as counsel in restructuring and insolvency matters.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Acting for a major Canadian bank in the restructuring of credit facilities advanced to a large Canadian hospitality conglomerate.
- Acting for an institutional lender with respect to the competition and sale of a mixed-use commercial and industrial development.
- Acting for a licensed insolvency trustee in the restructuring and asset sale proceedings with respect to large chain of fitness facilities in British Columbia.
- Acting for a major Canadian bank in the completion and sale of a winery.
- Acting for an institutional lender with respect to the completion and sale of an insolvent multi-unit condominium development.
- Pro Bono Student at the Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Creditors, the Crown, and the CCAA: The Supreme Court of Canada Comments on Complex Commercial Reorganizations, Business Law Blog, October 5, 2021
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency – New Reporting Requirements for Lands Used for Specified Industrial or Commercial Activities, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, January 24, 2021
- 贷款人要当心：有担保的债权人可能要对借款人的欠税负责 , 新闻中心 , July 8, 2020
- Lender Beware: Secured Creditors May be Responsible for a Borrower’s Tax Debt, Business Law Blog, July 7, 2020
- 不列颠哥伦比亚省允许电子出席公司会议 , 新闻中心 , April 24, 2020
- British Columbia Allows Electronic Attendance at Corporate Meetings, Business Law Blog, April 23, 2020
- CLE BC Course, "Working with the PPSA 2022: A Primer," June 1, 2022, Course Materials Contributor
- Lucy Brown
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5314
- British Columbia (2020)
- University of Saskatchewan (J.D., 2019)
- Simon Fraser University (B.A., 2015)