“At every event and every meeting, Lawson Lundell felt like the best place to be for me: it just “fit”. Beyond that, the firm is filled with individuals who exemplify a remarkable balance between exceptional talent and sincere humility and kindness. I am so excited to be part of this culture, and to become part of the fabric of great legal work that Lawson Lundell produces.”
Jahaan Premji is a summer student in the Calgary office of Lawson Lundell LLP. She is interested in exploring all areas, and is drawn toward commercial real estate, banking and commercial litigation.
Prior to law school, Jahaan worked as a Junior Analyst and a Human Resources Assistant in two separate federal department agencies. During her undergraduate degree, she travelled to India as an intern researching gender-based sexual harassment legislation.
In her time off from school, Jahaan managed a health and wellness charitable organization in Calgary, Alberta and volunteered her time to various non-profit organizations. This past summer, Jahaan completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program in India, and has been enjoying teaching yoga part-time since.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, 3L Representative
- University of Alberta, Writing Fellow
- University of Alberta Mental Health and Wellness Committee, Education and Workshops Chair
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel Edmonton, Volunteer
- Student Legal Services Criminal Division, Volunteer
- University of Alberta Law Show, Marketing Chair