“At every event and every meeting, Lawson Lundell felt like the best place to be for me: it just “fit”. Beyond that, the firm is filled with individuals who exemplify a remarkable balance between exceptional talent and sincere humility and kindness. I am so excited to be part of this culture, and to become part of the fabric of great legal work that Lawson Lundell produces.”
Jahaan Premji is an articled student in the Calgary office of Lawson Lundell LLP. She is interested in exploring all areas, and is drawn toward commercial real estate and commercial litigation.
Jahaan completed her Juris Doctor at the University of Alberta. During her time there, she volunteered with Student Legal Services, served on the Mental Health and Wellness Committee, and completed a full-year clerkship course in Provincial Court. Jahaan was also a research assistant for the School of Urban and Regional Planning, completing research in the areas of human rights, the law, and municipal issues.
Jahaan completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program in India and, since then, enjoys teaching at various studios in Calgary during her time off.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, 3L Representative
- University of Alberta, Writing Fellow
- University of Alberta Mental Health and Wellness Committee, Education and Workshops Chair
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel Edmonton, Volunteer
- Student Legal Services Criminal Division, Volunteer
- University of Alberta Law Show, Marketing Chair
News & Publications
- Alberta Court of Appeal Encourages Use of Summary Judgment Rules, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, January 4, 2021
- Insider Trading Isn’t Just a Public Markets Problem, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, October 14, 2020