Jahaan is an associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group in the Calgary office. Jahaan started with Lawson Lundell as a summer student in 2019 and joined the firm as an associate in 2022.
In 2020, Jahaan obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta. While in law school, Jahaan volunteered with the Civil Claims Duty Counsel, the Mental Health and Wellness Committee, and Student Legal Services. She completed a clerkship course with the Provincial Court of Alberta and taught first year law students in her role as a Writing Fellow with the Legal Research and Writing Program. Jahaan also conducted research on the intersection of human rights and municipal law through the School of Urban and Regional Planning.
Prior to law school, Jahaan obtained her undergraduate degree in Conflict Studies and Human Rights with a minor in Gender Studies from the University of Ottawa. At the time, Jahaan volunteered with many organizations including Gender at Work, the Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre, and Free The Children.
In her spare time, Jahaan volunteers with Calgary Legal Guidance, teaches regular Vinyasa yoga classes, and enjoys riding horses.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Calgary Bar Association, Member
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel Edmonton, Volunteer
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Lawson Lundell Welcomes New Associate Jahaan Premji to the Firm, February 14, 2022
- Alberta Court of Appeal Encourages Use of Summary Judgment Rules, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, January 4, 2021
- Insider Trading Isn’t Just a Public Markets Problem, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, October 14, 2020
- Alex Henze | Olivia Volponi
- Legal Assistant
- T: 403.218.7591 | 587.480.4643
- firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- Alberta (2021)
University of Alberta (J.D., 2020)
University of Ottawa (BSocSc, 2016)