Suzanne has a general corporate and commercial practice with a very wide range of experience. She provides ongoing legal advice to mainly private sector clients of all sizes in a broad variety of industries, including hospitality, pulp and paper, forestry, mining, construction materials, real estate, health professions and retail.
She regularly drafts, reviews and advises on commercial contracts relating to all types of business matters and operations. These include agreements for supply and distribution, services, contractors, licensing, leasing, transportation, confidentiality and non-disclosure, non-compete/non-solicitation and unique commercial arrangements. Suzanne also has experience in major project work and advises on contracts relating to engineering, architectural and construction matters (including EPC, EPCM and other project and construction management arrangements, as well as the use of standard form industry contract templates) and on procurements processes and documentation such as RFQs and RFPs.
Her practice involves a variety of business transactions, with a focus on share and asset sales and acquisitions. Suzanne’s participation in these transactions includes coordination and completion of due diligence, preparation and negotiation of definitive purchase and sale agreements, and drafting of other associated documents such as expressions of interest and letters of intent.
Suzanne also handles the incorporation of companies, including professional medical corporations, works on corporate restructurings and reorganizations such as amalgamations, wind-ups and restorations, and drafts and reviews corporate documents such as shareholder and partnership agreements.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Assisted multiple clients with the preparation and negotiation of contracts for major equipment design, supply, and installation projects
- Assisted a mining company with the preparation of a comprehensive set of standard form engineering, procurement, and construction documents for use in their Canadian operations
- Assisted a mining company with the preparation of a set of standard form procurement documents including service agreements, purchase order terms and conditions, and equipment lease agreements for use in connection with a gold mine in Nunavut
- Acted for a client in the restaurant industry in connection with a variety of business acquisitions
- Advised numerous businesses, including property management, shipping, resort lodge, ready-mix concrete and forestry companies, regarding share and asset sales
- Provided ongoing advice to a client in the pulp and paper industry regarding procurement matters
- Seconded to a project office of a mining client to assist with procurement matters during initial project development, including with respect to air services, engineering services and drilling services
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Yang Siow
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5418
- British Columbia (2006)
University of British Columbia (B.Sc. (Honours), 2002)
University of British Columbia (LL.B., 2005)