Shauna Sigurdson is a paralegal and Litigation Support Coordinator in the Vancouver office and assist several lawyers in the Commercial Litigation Practice Group of Lawson Lundell LLP. Shauna joined the firm in 1997 as a legal assistant. In 2003, she became a paralegal and has over 25 years of experience working in commercial litigation.
Shauna graduated from Capilano University in 2007 from the Paralegal Studies course. In 2012, Shauna combined the paralegal role with a Litigation Support Coordinator role to assist with eDiscovery.
Shauna’s Paralegal responsibilities include:
- File management and organization,
- Review, analysis and production of evidence;
- Trial preparation,
- Review, organize and summarizing evidence at the discovery and trial stages,
- Drafting documentation.
Shauna’s Litigation Support Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Assist in evidence collection;
- Data management;
- Exchange strategies;
- Electronic discovery;
- Extensive knowledge of use and design of document management support systems;
- Onsite technical support of document management systems to lawyers and staff;
- Meet and confer with counsel and clients regarding document collection and exchange;
- Document management and reporting;
- Compare and analyse database programs;
- Establish department protocols and procedures for eDiscovery best practices methods; and
- Provide overview to summer and articling students on eDiscovery technology and review techniques.
- British Columbia Legal Management Association (BCLMA), Member, Chair (2016), Co-Chair (2015)
- British Columbia Litigation Support Professionals (BCLSP), Member
- Records Retention and Destruction Policy Committee, Member
- Knowledge Management Committee, Member