Rob is an associate in the Kelowna - Landmark office of Lawson Lundell and a member of the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group. His expertise lies heavily in resolving commercial, construction, corporate and shareholder disputes involving litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Rob articled with and spent the first four years of his practice in Vancouver as a litigation associate at a leading national firm before taking on the role of in-house litigation counsel for Avigilon Corporation, a Motorola Solutions company. He then became an associate in the Kelowna office of a leading Western Canadian law firm before joining Lawson Lundell.
Shaped by his role as in-house litigation counsel, Rob brings a pragmatic, business-focused approach to the resolution of legal disputes.
Rob has appeared before the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the Provincial Court of British Columbia, and has assisted on matters before the Federal Court of Canada.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Kelowna Bar Association, President, Director and Member
- Counsel to the claimant in a commercial arbitration involving a dispute under a joint venture agreement and the design and construction of pre-engineered steel buildings.
- Counsel to the defendant in litigation involving a claim for payment under a share repurchase agreement and the interpretation of the payment provision in conjunction with the defendant’s financial statements.
- Counsel to defendants in litigation involving a dispute over the formation of a partnership agreement relating to the defendant’s retail cannabis store.
- Counsel to the petitioner shareholder in a petition involving a dispute over outstanding financial statements and the annual general meeting of the respondent company.
- Counsel to the defendant in litigation involving a claim for payment for goods and the defence for abatement on the basis that the goods were not of merchantable quality.
- Counsel to the plaintiff in litigation involving the enforcement of a claim of builders’ lien for off-site utility service work in relation to a residential sub-development project.
- Counsel to the respondent in a commercial arbitration involving the defence of a claim for rectification of the representations and warranties in a share purchase agreement.
- In-house litigation counsel, overseeing both offensive and defensive litigation, including commercial litigation and patent litigation.
News & Publications
- Multimillion Dollar Claims of Builders’ Lien Cancelled for a Buck, and One of These Subcontractor Liens is Not Like the Others, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, September 26, 2023
- 'Top Ten Cases from 2022,' Civil Litigation Okanagan, Canadian Bar Association, February 10, 2023, Presenter
- Ivana Posilovic
- Legal Assistant
- T: 250.869.3885
- British Columbia (2013)
University of British Columbia (J.D., 2012)
University of British Columbia (B.A. (Hons), 2005)