Rachelle is an associate in the Corporate Finance and Securities Group. She works with public and private companies in a variety of transactions, including debt and equity financings, share and asset acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, and various other corporate proceedings. She also assists clients on corporate governance and securities regulatory matters, including public issuers with respect to their continuous disclosure obligations and listing requirements.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Transaction counsel for Hub International Limited in acquisitions of certain Canadian insurance brokerages, including TRG Group Benefits & Pensions Inc. and i3 Underwriting Managers Inc.
- Counsel to SSR Mining Inc. on its US$230 million convertible note offering.
- Counsel to SSR Mining Inc. in connection with its merger-of-equals transaction with Alacer Gold Corp. to create a combined entity with market capitalization of approximately US$5 billion.
- Counsel to Vancity Community Investment Bank on its acquisition of CoPower Inc., an issuer of green bonds.
- Counsel to Cornish Metals Inc. in connection with its listing on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange and concurrent financing of approximately £8.2 million.
- Transaction counsel for certain portfolio companies of Brookfield in acquisitions in the building services and service station industries.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Matters to Consider for the 2021 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, February 9, 2021
- Matters to Consider for the 2020 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, January 27, 2020
- Matters to Consider for the 2021 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, Business Law Blog, February 9, 2021
- CSA Releases a Revised Proposed National Instrument Governing Disclosure of Non-GAAP and Other Financial Measures, Business Law Blog, February 27, 2020
- Matters to Consider for the 2020 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, Business Law Blog, January 28, 2020
- Diversity and Corporate Governance - CSA Review Shows Steady, but Slow, Progress in Corporate Diversity, Business Law Blog, October 15, 2019
- CBCA Amendments in the 2019 Federal Budget - A Continued Focus on Governance, Business Law Blog, April 15, 2019
- Matters To Consider For The 2019 Annual Meeting And Proxy Season, Business Law Blog, February 2019
- CSA Publishes Staff Notice on Trends in Corporate Diversity, Business Law Blog, October 4, 2018
- CSA Maintain Status Quo on Director "Independence", Business Law Blog, July 30, 2018
- CSA Publishes Results of Their Continuous Disclosure Compliance Review, Business Law Blog, July 25, 2018
- Christina Bartos
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5323
- British Columbia (2018)
University of British Columbia (J.D., 2017)
University of British Columbia (B.A., 2013)