Lesley Hill is a paralegal in the Vancouver office of Lawson Lundell LLP. She joined the firm in 2008 and has over 12 years of combined experience working in corporate/commercial and banking law.
Lesley’s main area of focus is corporate law and she has experience in a variety of transactions, including share and asset acquisitions, corporate and tax reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, including M&A transactions involving private equity funds, and various other corporate proceedings.
Prior to joining Lawson Lundell, Lesley worked as a legal assistant and then as a paralegal in the Vancouver office of a large national law firm where she received her paralegal training and studied at Capilano University’s Paralegal Program. Lesley graduated with her Certificate in the Paralegal/Legal Assistant Program from Capilano University in June, 2009.
Lesley’s responsibilities include:
- Public due diligence investigations relating to various corporate transactions and drafting public due diligence reports;
- Conducting minute book reviews and preparation of rectification documents;
- Drafting corporate transaction documents and drafting documents for a variety of corporate matters including amalgamations, continuations, alterations, and dissolutions;
- Formation, organization and annual maintenance of corporations in British Columbia and other jurisdictions within Canada including extra-provincial registrations;
- Registration of limited partnerships and registration of business names;
- Communicating with parties involved in corporate transactions;
- Managing closing documents and closing boardrooms;
- Preparation of closing documents briefs;
- Registrations at the BC Corporate Registry;
- Assisting in an agency capacity with the preparation and registration of financing statements, amendments, and discharges at the Personal Property Registry; and
- Secondary (back-up) filer for securities documents with SEDAR, SEDI and the BCSC.
Paralegal/Legal Assistant Program Certificate, Capilano University, 2009
Legal Administrative Assistant Program Certificate, Capilano University, 2004