“I am honoured to join the team at Lawson Lundell and am excited to work at a firm that exemplifies excellence, hard work, and humility.”
Lauren Dresselhuis is an associate in the Vancouver office of Lawson Lundell and a member of the firm’s Labour, Employment & Human Rights Group and the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group. She practices in all aspects of workplace law including employment standards complaints, human rights issues, labour grievances, workplace bullying and harassment, and advises clients on the hiring and termination of employees. Lauren has appeared before the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the Provincial Court of British Columbia, and the Labour Relations Board.
Lauren graduated from the Peter A. Allard School of Law at UBC where she volunteered with the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program and received the David Roberts Prize in Legal Writing Award. She also spent a semester as an intern at the Victoria Provincial Court.
Before her legal career, Lauren worked for several years in sales and event management and as a tree planter in Northern BC.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Law Students Legal Advice Program, Student Clinicianand External Relations Director
- Ian Fletcher International Insolvency Law Moot, Mooter
- British Columbia Provincial Court, Intern
News & Publications
News & Publications
- B.C. Employers Take Note: New Pay Transparency Legislation, Labour and Employment Law Blog, March 9, 2023
- BC Supreme Court Affirms High Threshold When Dismissing an Employee for Just Cause, Labour and Employment Law Blog, February 27, 2023
- BC Supreme Court Says Unpaid Leave for Unvaccinated Employee not a Constructive Dismissal, Labour and Employment Law Blog, October 27, 2022
- The National Day of Mourning: Is it a Holiday?, Labour and Employment Law Blog, September 15, 2022
- Jennifer Lundeen
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5446
- British Columbia (2023)
University of British Columbia (J.D., 2022)
Trinity Western University (B.B.A., 2015)