Kellan practices corporate and commercial law across a variety of industries, with a focus on technology start-up companies.
She has experience in a variety of transactions, including share and asset acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions. She regularly assist clients with financings, including friends and family rounds, convertible debt, SAFE, KISS and venture capital financings.
She regularly drafts, reviews and advises on commercial agreements for technology companies and across other industries (including service agreements, software licensing agreements, supply agreements, shareholder agreements, website terms and conditions, privacy policies and confidentiality agreements).
Kellan also practices in the commercial indigenous space, helping clients with the negotiation and drafting of impact benefit and other agreements with First Nations in regards to proposed project developments.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Acted for Agog Labs Inc. (Agog), maker of scripting tools for the creation of artificial intelligence, gameplay, and high-level stage direction, and its founders in connection with the sale of Agog to video game and software developer Epic Games.
- Represented founders in the buy-out of their shares from a local food and beverage company.
- Regularly act for companies in connection with seed, angel and venture-backed investment rounds.
- Acted for a Vancouver-based SaaS provider in its share acquisition by a US-based private equity firm.
- Assisted various SaaS providers with drafting software licensing agreements, website terms and conditions and privacy policies.
- Assisted with negotiations of mutual benefits agreements for various local First Nations in relation to the development of an infrastructure project.
News & Publications
- 2019年《加拿大竞争法》和《加拿大投资法》门槛提高, 新闻中心 , February 12, 2019
- Competition Act and Investment Canada Act Thresholds Increase for 2019, Business Law Blog, February 8, 2019
- CSA Publishes Staff Notice on Trends in Corporate Diversity, Business Law Blog, October 4, 2018
- Bill C-25 - A Catalyst for Corporate Diversity in Canada?, Business Law Blog, May 14, 2018
- Lawson Lundell Participates in the JDRF's SunLife Ride to Defeat Diabetes, Vancouver, BC, October 4, 2019, Volunteer
- #CubeLearn: Seed Financing in VR/AR by Lawson Lundell , BC Tech Cube, Vancouver, March 22, 2019, Co-speaker
- Lisa Navarrete
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5427
- British Columbia (2017)
University of British Columbia (J.D., 2016)
University of Royal Roads (B.A., 2009 – International Hotel Management)