Kai is a litigation associate in the Vancouver office of Lawson Lundell LLP. His litigation practice focuses on assisting publicly traded and privately held corporations, and public sector entities with commercial and construction disputes primarily in the oil and gas, energy, and natural resources industries. He also has experience assisting creditors and debtors in bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
Kai is trained in both the common law and the civil law systems in Canada. He received his J.D. and LL.L. from the University of Ottawa in 2016. He joined the firm as an associate following the completion of his articles.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
News & Publications
- Liens in the North: How It Could Affect You, North of 60 Blog, November 25, 2020
- COVID-19: Options for Nunavut and NWT Communities, North of 60 Blog, May 6, 2020
- Potential Liabilities for Directors in Insolvency: Considerations for Directors of Companies Facing COVID-19 Induced Insolvency, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, May 6, 2020
- Debbie Modien
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5392
- Alberta (2019)
- Northwest Territories (2018)
- Nunavut (2018)
University of Ottawa (J.D., 2016)
University of Ottawa (LL.L., 2015)