Julia Hagel is a paralegal in the Vancouver office of Lawson Lundell LLP. She joined the firm in 1993 and has over 25 years of experience focusing in banking/commercial lending law.
Julia has been involved in an extensive range of loan and financing transactions, including, among other things, real estate and construction development, aircraft, forest, mining and all forms of agriculture.
Julia’s responsibilities include:
- Reviewing a credit agreement and determining all that is necessary in order to complete a financing;
- Preparing and administering documents for large secured transactions including, security agreements, mortgages, assignments, supporting documentation and forms of local and out of province opinions;
- Considering consequences of borrower and guarantors reorganization including amalgamations, take-overs and inter-corporate loans, and preparing all necessary documentation to preserve lender’s security position;
- Conducting and reviewing all land, corporate, personal property, statutory lien and various due diligence searches;
- Attending to the registration of loan and security documents;
- Attending to advances of trust funds and loan proceeds;
- Compiling and preparing comprehensive reports to clients; and
- Interacting with all parties involved in transactions.