Jacqueline maintains a broad corporate and securities law practice, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and business and commercial law. Jacqueline advises clients on a variety of domestic and international transactions, including public and private acquisitions and divestitures, financings, and corporate reorganizations. In addition to transactional work, Jacqueline advises clients on complex commercial agreements and securities regulatory matters, and assists with private equity fund reviews.
Jacqueline obtained her law degree in Australia and practiced at a national firm in Sydney prior to moving to Canada. She was called to the bar in British Columbia in 2019 after completing her articles with Lawson Lundell.
In her spare time, Jacqueline enjoys cycling, swimming and skiing.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch, Member
- Canada, Australia & New Zealand Business Association, Member
- JDRF's SunLife Ride to Defeat Diabetes, Vancouver, BC, October 4, 2019, Volunteer
- Transaction counsel for certain portfolio companies of Brookfield in the private equity, investment banking and cloud computing industries.
- Acted for B2Gold in connection with its acquisition of Oklo Resources Limited, an ASX-listed corporation, by way of a court-approved scheme of arrangement under Australian law. Under the scheme, B2Gold acquired 100% of the ordinary shares of Oklo in consideration for 0.0206 of a common share of B2Gold and A$0.0525 in cash for each Oklo share. On closing, B2Gold issued an aggregate of 10,742,814 B2Gold shares and paid aggregate cash consideration of approximately A$27.4 million to Oklo shareholders.
- Acted for B2Gold Corp. in connection with the sale of all of its Nicaragua assets to Calibre Mining Corp. for approximately US$100 million.
- Advising British Columbia’s largest bulk terminal on a range of activities, including drafting commercial contracts.
- Acted for Vancity Community Investment Bank on its acquisition of CoPower Inc., an issuer of green bonds.
- Assisting institutional investors in negotiating commitments to several private investment funds, including KKR North America Fund XIII SCSp, Stonepeak Infrastructure Fund IV LP and Macquarie Asia-Pacific Infrastructure Fund 3 LP.
- Acted for B2Gold in connection with the sale of its Ondundu gold project located in Namibia to Osino Resources Corp for aggregate consideration of US$15.2 million payable in cash and shares of Osino.
- Acted for B2Gold Corp. in connection with the sale of its Kiaka gold project in Burkina Faso to West African Resources Limited.
- Provided securities laws advice in connection with private placement transactions for TSX-V listed issuers.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Matters to Consider for the 2021 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, February 9, 2021
- Matters to Consider for the 2020 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, January 27, 2020
- Matters to Consider for the 2022 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, Business Law Blog, February 24, 2022
- The Canadian Securities Administrators Proposes Mandatory Climate-Related Disclosure for Reporting Issuers, Business Law Blog, November 25, 2021
- Amendments to the Business Corporations Act Permit Virtual Meetings in British Columbia, Business Law Blog, June 1, 2021
- Matters to Consider for the 2021 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, Business Law Blog, February 9, 2021
- CSA Announce Further Relief and Guidance in Response to COVID-19, Business Law Blog, May 25, 2020
- Matters to Consider for the 2020 Annual General Meeting and Proxy Season, Business Law Blog, January 28, 2020
- Lisa Navarrete
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5427
- British Columbia (2019)
- New South Wales, Australia (2016, inactive)
- The Australian National University (L.L.B., 2014)
- The Australian National University (B.A., 2014)