Delara Emami is an associate in the Kelowna office. She practices mainly in the areas of corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, as well as technology law with a focus on start-ups and mature technology companies.
She has experience advising clients and entrepreneurs on a broad range of matters including, corporate governance, formation and organization matters, share and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, debt and equity financing, international transactions, and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining the Firm, Delara worked for top-tier international law firms in Tehran where she advised corporate clients on international corporate and commercial transactions, international trade and sanctions law, as well as regulatory and compliance matters in various sectors of the economy.
In her spare time, Delara enjoys playing soccer, travelling, networking, learning new languages, writing, skiing, playing Persian classical instruments (setar and tanboor), and spending time with family and friends.
- Ontario Bar Association, International Law Section Newsletter Editor
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Access Pro Bono's 12th annual Pro Bono Going Public Free Legal Advice-A-Thon, Kelowna, BC, September 10, 2019, Participant
- Cheryl Ellis
- Legal Assistant
- T: 778.214.0795
- British Columbia (2019)
- Ontario (2015)
- University of Ottawa (JD, 2013)
- University of Ottawa (BCL, 2013)
- University of Ottawa (B.A., Joint Honours History & Political Science, 2009)
- Farsi (Persian)