Based in Lawson Lundell LLP’s Calgary office, Dan works with both our Real Estate and Banking groups, assisting clients with a broad range of debt financing and commercial real estate matters.
In his real estate practice, Dan has experience assisting with all aspects of commercial real estate acquisitions and divestitures, property development, commercial leasing transactions, due diligence and municipal planning, and regularly provides advice to clients on compliance with Alberta's Foreign Ownership of Land Regulations and pre-sale disclosure rules under the Condominium Property Act (Alberta).
Dan’s banking work involves representing banks and private lenders, as well as borrowers, in the preparation and negotiation of loan and security documentation for a variety of financing transactions including operating loans, margin loans and share-forward contacts, as well as real estate acquisition financing, construction loans, and subordinated debt financing on corporate and commercial transactions.
Dan also has experience in a variety of corporate and commercial matters including reorganizations, share and asset purchase transactions, mergers and acquisitions and related due diligence.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Calgary Bar Association, Member
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Mortgage Loans Association of Alberta
News & Publications
- Alberta Pauses Residential Evictions for Non-Payment and Prohibits Rent Increases and Late Payment Penalties During COVID-19 Pandemic, Real Estate Law Blog, April 1, 2020
- New pre-sale disclosure requirements and other changes to Alberta’s Condominium Property Act, Real Estate Law Blog, March 6, 2018
- 对农地外资所有权的限制——“艾伯塔条例”和“不列颠哥伦比亚省法案M-202”, 新闻中心 , January 9, 2018
- Restrictions on Foreign Ownership of Rural Land – Alberta’s Regulations and BC’s Bill M-202, Real Estate Law Blog, January 8, 2018
- Update — Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act Now in Force, Project Law Blog, June 2, 2015
- Recent Changes to Alberta's Guarantees Acknowledgment Act, Real Estate Law Blog, May 25, 2015
- The New Federal Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act and Contractual Payments to Aboriginal Governments, Project Law Blog, April 20, 2015
- Narinder Parmar
- Legal Assistant
- T: 403.218.7524
- Alberta (2015)
- British Columbia (2017)
Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D, 2014)
MacEwan University (B.Econ, Dean's List, 2010)