Colin is a partner in the Calgary office of Lawson Lundell. He is a member of the firm’s Business Law, Corporate Commercial, Corporate Finance & Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups. His practice covers a broad range of commercial transactions, including the structuring and implementation of share and asset acquisitions, mergers, financings, and corporate reorganizations involving strategic acquirers, investors, vendors, entrepreneurs, family business owners, family offices and private equity funds.
Colin regularly advises on corporate, commercial, and strategic matters and has extensive experience in the formation and organization of partnerships, joint ventures, special purpose vehicles, strategic alliances, and other co-ownership structures, including the negotiation and drafting of shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements and related governance documents and commercial contracts.
Colin’s clients occupy several industry sectors including energy, petrochemical, manufacturing, construction, finance, technology, retail, and healthcare.
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Advising start-ups, emerging and venture companies in various industries.
- Advising companies regarding mergers and acquisition and related corporate transactions, master service and supply contracts and other commercial transactions.
- Advised a private equity firm on the proposed divestiture of its interest in an oilfield drilling company valued at over $200 million.
- Advised the founders of a technology company in relation to the sale of their interests in the company to their private equity partners in a transaction valued in excess of $500 million and subsequent $85 million acquisition by the company of a competitor.
- Advised a privately held international conglomerate in relation to several significant restructurings of its Canadian oil and gas operations.
- Advised a public investment company in relation to its equity investments in a number of private enterprises valued between $5 million and $30 million.
- Advised a private equity firm in relation to its equity investments in a number of private enterprises across a various industries.
- Advised partners of partnership engaged in industrial equipment manufacturing in relation to the sale of their interests in the partnership to a private equity fund valued at over $160 million.
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Lawson Lundell Welcomes New Partner Colin Luke to the Firm, February 27, 2023
- Jael McCallum
- Legal Assistant
- T: 403.218.7565
- Alberta (2003)
University of Alberta (LL.B., 2002)
University of Calgary (B.A., 1997)