Clara practices primarily in the area of energy and regulatory law with a focus on public utility regulation, administrative and environmental law. She advises private sector, public sector and government clients on a broad range of matters before regulatory boards and the courts including, market rules and compliance, toll design, facilities applications, Indigenous and public consultation.
Clara has appeared as counsel before administrative tribunals in Alberta and the Northwest Territories and regularly assists clients on proceedings before the Alberta Utilities Commission. Clara also acts for clients with respect to matters before the British Columbia Utilities Commission and the National Energy Board.
Clara has appeared at all levels of the Alberta court, including numerous matters before the Alberta Court of Appeal. Clara has trial experience and participated as counsel at a Coroner's Inquest in the Northwest Territories.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Counsel to parties before the Alberta Utilities Commission regarding challenges to rules of the independent system operator
- Brooke Glover
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5318
- Alberta (2009)
- Northwest Territories (2009)
- British Columbia (2011)
University of British Columbia (B.A., 2001)
Queen’s University (Masters of Public Administration, 2004)
University of Alberta (LL.B., 2008)