Kristen Snyder is a paralegal in the Vancouver office of Lawson Lundell LLP. She joined the firm in 2022 as a paralegal in the Banking and Debt Financing Group and has over 10 years of experience working in banking law on commercial lending and financing transactions. Kristen’s transactional experience and expertise are primarily focused on, but not limited to, financings relating to corporate mergers and acquisitions, construction and development of commercial real estate, and inter jurisdictional matters.
Kristen graduated with her undergraduate degree from the University of British Columbia (Vancouver) in 2008 as a double major in Political Science and History. She received a diploma in Paralegal Studies from Capilano University in 2011 and is a certified paralegal.
Kristen’s responsibilities include:
- commitment letter / facility letter review to ascertain lender’s requirements;
- conducting and reviewing due diligence searches;
- drafting security and supporting documents;
- drafting forms of opinion;
- communicating with all parties to transaction including lenders, borrower’s counsel and other agencies;
- reviewing executed documents and other required items relating to transaction;
- attending to Land Title Office registrations and Personal Property Security Act registrations; and
- advancing trust funds and drafting final reports.
- British Columbia Paralegal Association, Member
- Capilano University (Paralegal Diploma, 2011)
- University of British Columbia (B.A., 2008)