The Asia Pacific region, and China in particular, continues to be a driver of the global economy. Recognizing the vital importance of this region, Lawson Lundell launched its China Initiative to further strengthen and expand the range of services we offer to existing and new clients.
Our China Group has significant experience advising Chinese clients with inbound investments into Canada as well as Canadian clients looking to do business in China. Clients benefit from our Group’s specific experience in navigating the challenges and opportunities presented by doing business cross border, coupled with an awareness of cultural considerations and fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Our Group brings the experience and background required to help foster business relationships with China, an area of critical importance to Vancouver’s economic future given its place at the intersection of strategic capital from China. In addition, the team’s expertise in a diverse array of sectors from technology to real estate to natural resources complements our additional areas of practice, as outlined below.
We are distinguished as a leading Canadian law firm with a full service real estate practice that offers the complete range of legal services to clients buying, selling or leasing commercial or industrial properties. Our understanding of the local real estate market and with Chinese investments means that we are able to act as a strategic partner to you to help you identify opportunities.
We are distinguished as a leading Canadian law firm with significant experience advising with respect to mining project financing and development. We bring to our clients a comprehensive and detailed understanding of the challenges that a project will face in the environmental assessment process, and experience with dealing with all the unexpected challenges that will inevitably arise in British Columbia's unique legal landscape.
Our firm has one of the most longstanding forestry practices in Western Canada. Our lawyers have a thorough understanding of the needs and objectives of our forestry clients, having advised some of North America’s largest forestry companies over many decades. In particular, our lawyers have recently advised one of Canada’s leading producers of forest products with respect to its expansion into Asian markets, including China.
We are distinguished as a leading Canadian law firm with a full service new technology practice that offers the complete range of legal services to clients. Our understanding of the local technology sector and with Chinese investments means that we are able to act as a strategic partner to you to help you identify opportunities.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
Lawson Lundell has an experienced corporate team focused on a broad range of transactions, including one of the leading M&A practices in Western Canada. Our clients range from companies carrying on early stage research and development to international companies and investment funds with businesses, investments and projects spread across the globe. We understand that transactions, commercial investments and related cross-border issues require creative structuring and documentation.
Lawson Lundell’s Tax Group has extensive experience in domestic and international taxation, mergers & acquisitions, resource taxation, corporate finance, corporate reorganizations, structured finance, and cross border transactions involving Canada and Asia. Our innovative team of tax lawyers has developed highly sophisticated tax plans for a variety of significant transactions.
Private Equity and Venture Capital:
Lawson Lundell has one of the leading private equity and venture capital practices in Western Canada. Our lawyers have a thorough understanding of all aspects of private equity and venture capital investment and fund management. We understand the needs and objectives of our private equity and venture capital clients, and we know what terms are market and what terms are not. We also advise in the registration and ongoing compliance of dealers, advisors and investment fund managers.
Recent experience includes, advising:
- Air China with respect to all of its Canadian legal needs, including routine real estate, corporate and commercial matters, disputes and employment
- A China-based investor in its purchase of a portfolio of apartment buildings in Vancouver for approximately $50 million
- China-based investors in their purchase of a major retail shopping property in Whistler, British Columbia
- A China-based developer in its purchase of two adjacent office towers, for approximately $300 million
- A China-based developer in its acquisition and development of lands in downtown Vancouver of approximately one billion dollars in value
- A China-based developer in its acquisition of a major resort property in British Columbia
- A Chinese client in its acquisition of a leading marine technology company based in British Columbia
- In the investment by a Chinese state-owned enterprise in a major real estate development project led by one of the largest Canadian developers, which was complicated by unusual negotiations to accommodate the client's state-owned status
- A Chinese state-owned airline to secure and retrieve equipment of significant value from an insolvent contractor in Canada
- 新闻中心 , 29.8.18
- 新闻中心 , 8.5.18
- 新闻中心 , 9.2.18
- 新闻中心 , 9.1.18
- 新闻中心 , 19.11.17
- 新闻中心 , 16.11.17
- 新闻中心 , 31.10.17
- 新闻中心 , 25.10.17
- 新闻中心 , 24.10.17
- 新闻中心 , 13.10.17
- 新闻中心 , 12.10.17
- 新闻中心 , 22.9.17
- 新闻中心 , 30.8.17
- 新闻中心 , 22.7.17
- 新闻中心 , 12.7.17
- 新闻中心 , 26.5.17
- 新闻中心 , 23.5.17
- 新闻中心 , 20.5.17
- 新闻中心 , 11.5.17
- 新闻中心 , 9.5.17
- 新闻中心 , Spring 2017
- 新闻中心 , 29.4.17
- 新闻中心 , 25.4.17
- 新闻中心 , 22.4.17
- 新闻中心 , 14.4.17
- 新闻中心 , 12.4.17
- 新闻中心 , 11.4.17