Lunch and Learn: Annual Contract Law Update
Join Lisa Peters, Q.C., as she presents her annual update of contract law developments relevant to commercial practice.
Topics in this year's paper include:
- Implied contracts (contracts by conduct);
- Notional severance and illegal provisions revisited;
- Consequences of a failure to pay nominal consideration;
- Entire agreement clauses;
- Implications of the divided bench in Resolute FP Canada Inc. v. Ontario (Attorney General), 2019 SCC 60, on appeals from contract interpretation decisions; and
- Important Supreme Court of Canada decisions expected early in 2020.
Please click here to RSVP.
Lunch will be served and the seminar will qualify for 1 hour of CLE credits from the Law Society of British Columbia.