This paper discusses contract law issues including decisions of relevance to commercial lawyers and business leaders giving a snapshot of particular principles of interest that arose in case law over the past 12 months.
This Year's Topics Include:
- Tracing the trajectory of the two key rulings in Sattva Capital Corp. v. Creston Moly Corp.: the nature and role of the factual matrix and the standard of review on appeal from a decision interpreting a contract;
- Are anti-oral amendment clauses efficacious?
- Options as unilateral or bilateral contracts (and why it matters);
- Limitations law as applied to continuing breaches of contract;
- What’s new with penalty clauses?
- The duty of good faith performance and rights of first refusal; and
- Contract clauses vesting a party with discretion – are they void for uncertainty?
To read the full article, click here.
Lawson Lundell's Business Law Blog covers a wide range of topics relevant to businesses of all sorts, including corporate governance, corporate commercial law, corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, procurement, private equity and venture capital, intellectual property, and business taxation. Please also see our litigation, project law, China law, and real estate law blogs.