This paper discusses contract law issues including decisions of relevance to commercial lawyers and business leaders giving a snapshot of particular principles of interest that arose in case law over the past 12 months.
- The implied duty of good faith performance and entire agreement clauses;
- The efficacy of arbitration clauses in terms of finality and certainty;
- The duty to mitigate where specific performance is sought as a remedy;
- Professionals relying on limitation of liability clauses;
- Contracting with First Nations under the Indian Act;
- Conditions precedent;
- Binding effect and enurement clauses; and
- Contractual obligations to negotiate in good faith.
To read the full article, click here.
Lawson Lundell's Business Law Blog covers a wide range of topics relevant to businesses of all sorts, including corporate governance, corporate commercial law, corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, procurement, private equity and venture capital, intellectual property, and business taxation. Please also see our litigation, project law, China law, and real estate law blogs.