This paper discusses contract law issues including decisions of relevance to commercial lawyers and business leaders giving a snapshot of particular principles of interest that arose in case law over the past 12 months.
This year's topics include:
- Acceptance by conduct;
- Privity of contract and third party beneficiaries;
- Implied terms;
- Enforceability of exculpatory clauses - update on the application of the Tercon test by lower courts;
- Electronic transactions and computer contracts;
- Statutory illegality; and
- Liquidated damages clauses.
To read the full article, click here.
Lawson Lundell's Business Law Blog covers a wide range of topics relevant to businesses of all sorts, including corporate governance, corporate commercial law, corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, procurement, private equity and venture capital, intellectual property, and business taxation. Please also see our litigation, project law, China law, and real estate law blogs.