“I was drawn to Lawson Lundell LLP because the lawyers are thoughtful, skilled, and kind.”
Jocelyn McAdam is an associate in Lawson Lundell’s Labour, Employment and Human Rights Group and Privacy and Data Management Group in Vancouver.
Jocelyn advises clients on a range of labour and employment issues, including wrongful dismissal, employment standards, human rights and accommodation, and labour relations. Jocelyn also has experience assisting clients with various privacy and data protection matters, including compliance with the Personal Information and Protection Act (British Columbia) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada).
Jocelyn started with Lawson Lundell as a summer student in 2017 and joined the firm as an associate upon the completion of her articles in 2019.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Pro Bono Student at the Canadian Civil Liberties Association
- Senior Editor and External Review Coordinator for the Indigenous Law Journal
- International Humanitarian Law Working Group Member
News & Publications
- Saving Provision Fails to Salvage Employer’s Non-Compliant Termination Clause, Labour and Employment Law Blog, January 30, 2020
- Canadian Government Signals New Approach to Data Protection: What Can We Expect?, Privacy & Data Management Blog, December 17, 2019
- AggregateIQ Breached Privacy Laws; No Fines But Lots of Work to Comply, Privacy & Data Management Blog, December 5, 2019
- Can an Employee Transform an Employer’s Leniency About Start Times Into a Contractual Term?, Labour and Employment Law Blog, December 3, 2019
- It’s Time to Vote: Employees’ Voting Rights on Federal Election Day, Labour and Employment Law Blog, October 17, 2019
- Maria Cruz
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5339
- British Columbia (2019)
- University of Toronto (J.D., 2018)
- McGill University (B.A. Hon, First Class with Distinction, 2013)