May Au is an associate in Lawson Lundell's Vancouver office practicing in the Business Law Group, with a particular emphasis on corporate and commercial law, commercial real estate and trusts.
May advises corporate and individual clients on a variety of complex legal matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, corporate restructuring, commercial lending, private equity financing and succession planning.
She regularly negotiates, drafts, and reviews a variety of complex commercial contracts, including share and asset purchase agreements, shareholders' agreements, limited partnership agreements, services agreements, joint venture agreements, commercial leases and investment agreements.
May's transactional experience includes assisting clients in the commercial, industrial and residential real estate, technology, pharmaceutical, winery, tourism and other industries with the purchase and sale of businesses and assets, and with obtaining debt and equity financing. She has also advised a number of companies in the technology and retail industries in the negotiation of investment to fund their growth.
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers, British Columbia, Director, (2011 - 2015)
- High Court of Hong Kong, China, Clerk (2011)
- Evergreen Campus of Care Senior Housing, Director, Board Governance Committee Member, Finance Committee Member, (2015 - 2017)
May has advised and assisted:
- real estate developers and investors in the acquisition and disposition of commercial, industrial and residential real estate across British Columbia
- a virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality technology company in multiple investment rounds
- a global retail beverage brand in obtaining investment to expand its North American presence
- private lenders in multiple financings
- private clients with settlement of trusts, and estate and succession planning
News & Publications
News & Publications
- Information About Our Experience with Strata Corporation Wind Ups, Annual, to date
- 关于投机和空置税，开发商需要了解什么？, 新闻中心 , March 26, 2019
- What Developers Need to Know About the Speculation and Vacancy Tax, Real Estate Law Blog, March 22, 2019
- 开发商必读：不列颠哥伦比亚省新的预售转让登记和房地产开发营销法案（REDMA）费用变更, 新闻中心 , December 31, 2018
- BC's New Pre-Sale Assignment Register And REDMA Fee Changes: What Developers Must Know, Real Estate Law Blog, December 18, 2018
- Alyssa Ting
- Legal Assistant
- T: 604.408.5424
- British Columbia (2015)
University of British Columbia (J.D., 2014)