Kyle is a lawyer in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group in Calgary, with a practice focused on general commercial litigation.
Kyle represents and advises clients in a wide variety of industries including energy companies, financial institutions, post-secondary institutions, and non-profit organizations. He has experience in a wide range of commercial litigation matters including complex contractual disputes, injunction applications, professional negligence claims, creditor/debtor disputes, CCAA proceedings, international and cross-border litigation, and jurisdictional disputes.
During his law degree at the University of Calgary, Kyle received a Shea Nerland Calnan Research Fellowship in tax law, the Dean Michael Wylie Social Responsibility Award, and the Hon. Cecilia Johnstone Equality Award. He has appeared as counsel at various administrative tribunals and at all levels of court in Alberta.
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- The Advocates’ Society, Member
News & Publications
- Court Costs Part 2: Amendments to Schedule C to the Alberta Rules of Court, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, November 2, 2020
- Alberta Court of Appeal Clarifies Summary Judgment and Limitation Period for Breaches of Contract, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, February 11, 2019
- Court Costs – An Often Overlooked Part of Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, October 26, 2018
- Can a Corrective Invoice Restart the Limitations Clock? ABQB Clarifies Limitations Law Relating to Stale Billings, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Blog, October 16, 2018
- Amber Caron
- Legal Assistant
- T: 403.218.7516
- Alberta (2018)
University of Calgary (J.D., 2017)
Mount Royal University (B.A., Psychology, 2013)