Jill Scott is a real estate paralegal and linear project coordinator in the Vancouver office of Lawson Lundell LLP. She has been with the firm since 1997, and previously from 1981 to 1990, and has over 30 years’ experience working as a paralegal.
Jill’s responsibilities include:
- Managing real estate transaction files, including:
- Property acquisitions, sales, mortgages, and other real estate transactions;
- Review and analysis of contractual documents;
- Conducting title searches and off-title due diligence, review, analysis and summarization of results;
- Drafting correspondence and documents;
- E-filing documents directly with LTSA;
- Transfers of land by vesting order and order absolute; and
- Sales of strata developments;
- Managing linear projects, including:
- Drafting offers, options to purchase statutory rights of way, statutory rights of way, and exercise of options of statutory rights of way;
- Acquisition of land, including filing subdivision and statutory right of way plans; and
- Expropriation of land, including preparation and registration of expropriation and vesting notices.